Finally some pics of my 75 gallon. 2 months in...

jay knows

Hey all, I finally was able to post pictures of my 75 gallon tank, advise, opinions, critism, thoughts???
Here is my info,
2 perc clowns
1 yellow tang
1 hippo tang (tiny)
1 coral beauty angel
1 mandrin
1 cleaner shrimp
25 hermits
8 cleaner clams
4 turbos
12 nasserus snails
4 margarita snails
1 queen conch
1 dersea clam
2 anenomes
1 torch coral
1 peice of multi rock
1 zoo cluster rock
1 hammer coral
60 lbs mixed lr
80 lbs of ls
55 lbs of base rock
wet/dry skimmer combo
fluval 404 (no media)
4 powerheads

sweetreef

yeah that hippo is a little guy keep and eye on him they are tuffer to keep when they are little like that but very nice little fish and good luck with him

daisy

Your coral beauty looks like it's got some real personality! What a picture!
Have you got base rock on top of live rock? It just looks very white on top. It's a good idea to put the LR on top of the base rock so you don't lose the algae on the LR.
Your set-up looks great! Happy building!
How is your mandarin doing? They need a ton of pods to eat to stay healthy (and alive at all) -- do you have a pod source?
Best of luck!
-Daisy

jay knows

thanks for the reponses...
I did add some base rock on top of some LR because it was the only way it fit nice in the tank, i may try to rearrange and bring the LR to the top.
The manderin is doing well, I have had him for about 5 weeks and I guess he is living off of the 60 lbs of LR in the tank.
Thanks again for taking a look and posting for me!

craig65

Im new at this so this may be a dumb question but... why the 404 with no media along with the wet/dry combo? (I know the media can cause nitrites) just wondering why both? Did you also remove the bio balls from the wet dry?

jay knows

well i bought the fluval 404 before i knew to much... after i learned a bit more i took out the media and bought a wet dry. the fluval is really just removing partial matter and acts like a powerhead. After I bought it, I bought the wet dry and couldnt throw it away, and has good water movement so why not another powerhead...

laddy

Nice set up, I like the way you wrapped the rockwork on the right in the last picture. :jumping:

jay knows

Thanks Laddy, I tried to do it on both sides in attempts of making like a natural cove type layout.
I am finally getting some coraline growth after 2 weeks on my base rock, so I am pretty pysched....