finally some ricordeas

chypriss

What is the growth ratio on the ricordea, I got mine last week and just want to know how big they get and how long it takes for them to grow.

kona

I can only give you the information regarding my ricordeas, but of course, I have no idea if that is indicative of ricordeas in general.
It's been two months and the green ricordea has grown about 1.5 inches in diameter. The red one has grown about .75 inches in diameter.

chypriss

Ok, I just wanted to know, I have 3....2 are orange and the other one looks like its pink or orange I cant tell. Another thing that i notice is that when the light is off they open up all the way and when the light is on they close up...is that common. They are resting on my substrate.

kdfrosty

Now that this is a Ricordea thread, I am curious to know what type of Ricordea I have exactly. Also, notice that one of them seems to have two green mouths? Does this mean it's about to split? Thanks for your help in advance, and sorry if you feel I moved in on your thread.

chypriss

Beautiful ricordea Frosty.
I want to know more info about them, there really isnt to much on these threads.

puffer32

Mine has 3 mouths, are you supposed to feed any of them? Also, have a hairy mushroom that looks just like a ricordia, are they the same thing, just different names?

memole

Is this the mushroom or the Ricordeas... I bought this rock about 8 months ago and it had nothing on it. now it looks like this. I heard that they are very similar in looks. thanks for the info
Chris

kona

Does anyone know why my green ricordea has such long tentacles on its perimiter? I haven't seen any ricordeas like that, and I was wondering if that was a good or bad sign. I have a feeling that it means that the ricordea is really hungry and extending as far as poosible for food - but I really have no idea.

kona

Anybody have any pictures of Yumas that they could post on this thread? It would be great to see some - there don't seem to be many left through the "search" function.