Finally Started!

nate0729

after months of looking at my new empty 180, i was finally able to set it up! Here's a few pics. The plumbing runs thru the wall behind the tank, in the stairwell closet. perfect fish room. Anyways here they are.

nate0729

i knew that was coming! Lol. I had the hose hooked up to my ro/di. Hopefully i got a decent one. Spectrapure?

renogaw

Originally Posted by nate0729
http:///forum/post/2469561
i knew that was coming! Lol. I had the hose hooked up to my ro/di. Hopefully i got a decent one. Spectrapure?
not sure, but anything is better than nothing LOL. did you have that thing hooked up directly? how long did it take to fill up if so?

nate0729

i filled it over the course of 4 or 5 days. I didn't want to leave and have the hose fall out of the tank so i'd shut it off.

hefner413

nice work. Making me excited about setting up my 180 too. No fun staring at an empty tank! Just wondering.. what's your total gallons? 180 plus 2x55's?

nate0729

i have the 180, plus 55g sump, but it's less than half full, and a 30g long for a frag tank. I'm gonna transfer what i have in my 25g to the frag tank till i can afford lighting for the big boy.
Quick question. Would one of the bigger tunze streams be ok with a single controller. Like the 5000gph one or two of the smaller ones on the multi controller? I'd rather have just the one. I'd be cheaper.
thanks nate

snap32

Very Nice setup... I like the way you did the Live rock.. and very clever by putting the plumbing in the other room...