Finally!!

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/3228569
take a voluntary layoff, thats what i did, lol LOTS OF TIME to work on tanks,,, though it lessens the amount of money you can use to fix stuff, lol
all in all,,, im glad to not be working, but it sounds like you are one of those people whom actually LIKES their job??? so maybe just go in a little early to accrue some comp time to take off early at the end of the week, lol
They talked about laying some people off for the winter, but it never happened, and I wouldn't be one of those anyway! I do like my job, but would like about a month off!!

S

shrimpy brains

Day 4
50% water change
add packet of furan
She's staying on the bottom more and might eat one or 2 brine, despite my gutloading with garlic and b-12. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to get my hands on some live mysis and beta glucan. Maybe that will help!?
Other horses seem to be doing well and eating real well.

S

shrimpy brains

Yeah, I've got my LFS looking for me. Didn't want to order online as I thought I can get them cheaper locally(no shipping) My dog cost me almost $500 in vet bills this week and I'm a little bit broke now.
If they don't get any tomorrow, I will prob. go ahead and order some, anyway. Thanks for the info. Amy

S

shrimpy brains

Day 5
50% water change
add Furan(premixed in SW and added brine for 30 minutes before adding)
Don't think she's eating, so gutloading brine is prob. pointless!
Day 6
Skipped water change
added furan(again gutload brine with this)
Hoping the stronger concentration of medicine might help
No change, haven't seen her eat. Removed shell that she was hiding under yesterday, now she is hiding under small rock. I have'nt got the heart to remove that also. Hoping it gives her some comfort to be under there.
Pretty sure she's not going to make it, but will continue till for the 10 days
(maybe she'll surprise me)
Day 7
50% water change
add furan with gutloaded brine

S

shrimpy brains

Day 8
This little girl is tough. She ate quite a bit of gutloaded brine tonite! Seemed to be all she could do though. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, skipped the water change agian and just added furan packet with gutloaded brine. Thought maybe the double dose I put in 2 nites ago may have helped, so trying it again. The other horses continue to do well and we are coming to the end of treatment.

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3231731
Is she trying to swim at all?
No, she just stays half under the rock. I have to keep pushing the food towards her to get her to eat. But tonite, she did eat!
Hopefully, my lfs will actually get the live mysis tomorrow. *fingers crossed* Maybe that will lure her out.
I feel guilty for not just ordering the mysis. I thought I could get it quicker(and cheaper) locally, but that hasn't worked out so well!

meowzer

Do you have any amphipods crawling in any filter stuff? I use to pick them out of the sump.....now all I would have to do was pick them off teh overflow filters or floss...LOL....I have loads of them

S

shrimpy brains

Good idea.
I remember you doing that. (now that you mention it.)
Lights are out now, but I will def. go "pod fishing" in the morning and throw as many as I can in the tank. Your the best! Thanks!

S

shrimpy brains

Day 9
50% water change
add furan
Day 10
Add furan
Day 11
50% water change
add carbon
So the medicine is over. I am not sure she is 100%, but she is doing much better. Seems to eat well and swim some.
The last 3 days, one of the males has latched on to her. I mean won't let her go. He constantly has his tale wrapped around hers. What up with that?? Is this common behavior? I even tried to seperate them, but he wouldn't let go.
Today she seems to have gotten away from him, somewhat and is doing seemingly well. She still has a questionable color on the tip of her tail. I wonder if it's healing, or will always be like that.
I will continue to moniter her behavior as I am not sure this is over. I sure do hope so, but am not confident enough to put a happy dancing smiley up yet!!

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3234043
Can you get a picture of her tail? Maybe Ann or someone will know what it could be
I wil try to get a pic. tomorrow night. It was white, now it's just a little lighter in color than she is, I assume it's healing. (or hope)