Finding Nemo?

smellsfishy

well, my kids have been counting down the days... so I guess I'll be seeing it...at 4pm to be exact. I really enjoy Pixar films...so I'm looking forward to it. Not to mention the how happy my kids will be to see it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about it. Disney seems to have done a pretty good job with the cartoon effects.
The question is: Will this kid film encourage too many kids to want a fish tank that they just can't take care of? Or will this film enlighten more people [kids and parents] possibly bringing more young people in to the hobby who can be "conscientious"?
Time will tell. But I'd hate to see the same thing that happens to rabbits around easter happen to fish at the local pet shops. Most kids who get rabbits for easter, are usually tired of them and neglecting them by Memorial Day.
:rolleyes:

P

patrick g.

Originally posted by Beth
Disney seems to have done a pretty good job with the cartoon effects.

NOOOOO, not Disney, PIXAR!

smellsfishy

I imagine most mommies and daddies will scream "How much?!?!" and not get a clownfish for junior once they see the expense involved... maybe opt for the good 'ol feeder goldfish in the spongebob 1.5 gal

stupid_naso

After work, tomorrow! Last show of the night.
Beth, I don't think we should worry about kids buying clowns. I think their parents will ended up buying them "Finding Nemo" stuffed animal.

E

elan

Originally posted by Patrick G.
NOOOOO, not Disney, PIXAR!

did you see the special on tv a day or two back?? Steve Jobs (from apple) bought pixar for 10 million in 1986... he has made over a billion for his return on investment........

krux

i made the mistake of renting the game for the gamecube. usually disney games are pretty good, but they went overboard trying to make film quality cut scenes and it leads to 3 minutes of load times for 2 minutes of game play over and over.
after the hopping lamp it was all down hill.

entice59

Originally posted by krux
i made the mistake of renting the game for the gamecube. usually disney games are pretty good, but they went overboard trying to make film quality cut scenes and it leads to 3 minutes of load times for 2 minutes of game play over and over.
after the hopping lamp it was all down hill.

lol i rented a bugs life & toystory 2 because they were pretty challenging despite the fact the game was crappy. Im considering renting it for the heck of it. :rolleyes:

serpentine5

The wife and I are planning on going this Saturday. Going to take her niece and nephew, and one of my nephews with us. Looks to be a good flick.

Funny, BUT
I am taking the kids OUT OF SCHOOL early today to go to the 1 pm show. I KNOW ITS gonna be sold out and very CROWEDED the whole weekend, so we are getting a JUMP on it.. OH, as I started telling my friends they all though this was a good idea SO.. Every mom is picking up different kids and we now have 5 adults and 12 kids coming... HAHAHA
The things WE DO FOR OUR KIDS.. <wink wink> HAHA
Kim

harrysreef

My fear is that it will have non salty people saying see what a bad hobby we are ... poor nemo destined to die or be in a small world (tank)

brooklyn johnny

My wife and I and some friends will be going probably tomorrow... I saw the special on 60 Minutes II. Pretty amazing stuff, and they interviewed Steve Jobs about it. Right now Pixar makes the films and Disney markets them, and they each get a 50/50 cut of the profits. He then mentioned how he thinks Pixar now deserves more of a cut, or it will be shopping for someone else outside of Disney.
I'm excited to see it...:)

shels

I am not going to go until next weekend probally. I am driving 4 hours tonight to visit my mom. It is her Birthday and she just moved to Show Low, so we driving up to surprise her.:p
Let me know how the movie is.
Shel

Harrysreef, I agree with you. My dilema is that I promised my girls (6 and 5 years old) that I would take them and they are excited but, I can hear my kids after the movie crying and pleading with me to let our clownfish go and find his family!