Finger Leather

rmoore89

So I had pretty much given up on my finger leather since it wasn't doing much about a month or two ago, I've been busy so haven't been able to chat on forums either =[. Today I took the finger leather from the bottom of my tank and put it to the top. It opened way up, but it still flops over.. It's like it has no "rigidness" left in it.. When bothered it closes up and seems fine. It sits about 8 inches away from the light and 4 inches from the power head and the head is aimed right at it. Just not sure on what to do with it. Is it dead? None of the small "spikes" it used to have come out either.

S

smartorl

First, what are your water parameters? That is always the first thing to take a look at. Second, what type of lighting and how old are the bulbs?

How long was it in the location before it started doing badly? Any fish pestering it?

When you say it opened up, what do you mean? I assumed you meant the polyps came out but then you say they aren't.
Once you mess with them, even if conditions are optimal, they will take some time to start opening up fully again.

Do you have any way to post pictures?

rmoore89

Nitrate - 0 Amonia - .25 Phosphate - 0 Calcium 450ppm 11.2dkh salinity - 1.026, PH - 8.5 I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Bulbs are less than a month old, just got a new 15000k 12000k and two aqua blue-plus bulbs. 4 39W T5s. It seems like it grows larger when it "opens", it increases its size by like double, but if the "spikes" are the atual polyps, they don't open. It was open for about a week in it's old spot, I've had this piece almost 2 months now and it has been doing this almost a month and a half it seems. All I had in my tank was a fire goby who jumped out and a velvet damsel but he won't come out of the cave in the tank, and he doesn't bother anything as of yet. All my zoos are opening perfectly, my mushrooms are opening, but my green and brown gsp aren't opening either. So idk if they share any nutrients but the stars have only been in there a couple days, the brown was wide open yesterday, but now won't open, and the green has yet to open. Idk if the two problems are linked somehow, but just a thought. And thank you for the response =D