Fire Fish carpet dived. Need advice..

salty-fish

Yep, my fire fish carpet dived
. Jumped over my top enclosure which is 12" higher then the top of the tank. She made it about 5 feet away from the tank. She was barely breathing when I found her. I put her into the water and gently moved her back and forth to get O2 into her gills. She started to pep up alittle. I laid her on my live rock. Then she kinda fell or swam behind the live rock. What should I do? Should I give her a day or 2 to she if she survives? Should I rip my live rock apart to find her? If she dies, will her body disolve in the tank? Need advice. Thanks

flower

If you have a good CUC they will take care of a body, but the fish may be alright.

nylon clear screen material will help fishy stay put. It gets nasty from the salt but rinses clear in warm water. You should be able to buy it by the roll at Home Depot

meowzer

Sorry to hear about Spike....:( I lost a couple due to the good old carpet....I have an eggcrate covering, and I figured it must really want to get out to fit thru those openings.....

I did have a zebra goby jump from the 29g.....found it kinda pasty, but alive....I put sw in a cup.....cleaned off the cat hair
put it in....it hung in a cave for about 2 days...and then finally came out healthy as can be