fire fish goby

bettachris4

how good are these fish, i see that they are one of the easiest fish to keep, but i have never had one before.
My only question is are they difficult to feed. Just for some reason i have this imagine in my head of them not eatting.

crypt keeper

I had mine less than 20 minutes acclimated and it ate some frozen mysis with an issue. Is your out and about or in hiding?

dreamweaver

I have a Purple Firefish and have never had any trouble with him eating... Only concern I had was when I'd added several mollies --- he went from being out in the open most of the time to hiding in the rocks... However just as the kind people on this site predicted, after adapting to the newcomers he returned to his usual behavior....

I've never had any problems with a firefish not eating. However, they are notorious jumpers, so be sure you have a lid or something on your tank so they won't go carpet surfing.

kingphish

My sons mother has fire fish and are very healthy. Easy as 123 to keep.
p.s. carpet surfing comment actually made me laugh outloud

kingphish

My sons mothers friend has fire fish and are very healthy. Easy as 123 to keep.
p.s. carpet surfing comment actually made me laugh outloud

creekchub

They will eat, the only problems I had with mine is them darn Damsels killing them. You should be in pairs.

bettachris4

i dont have them yet but im considering it.
the tank has a cover so no worries but i plan on ordering two.
I just had this strange feeling that they wouldnt eat.
o BTW i use only ORA GLO will they eat that?

spanko

No matter if they will or not, you should have multiple foods to feed your fish so that they get a good balance. Meaty frozens are a must IMO.

R

ricka

interesting fish. i have one with a tailspot blenny and small false perc. he was fine with the tailspot but is skittish around the clown even though the clown doesn't pay it much attention. is more shy than i anticipated. see them all the time in schools at lfs but have read they either need to be paired up or pairs will eventually kill one another.
as with all livestock, there are some rightful stereotypes, but my no means are there iron clad rules in this biz it appears.

dlee

great fish...but they are suicidal.
mine jumped when I was doing maintenance a few weeks ago.....didn't find him until it was too late.

redsea

mine jumped when I was doing maintenance a few weeks ago.....didn't find him until it was too late.

Im sorry to hear that