Fire shrimp cant find her?

D

dmojo

Came home today to feed the tank and she was no where to be found. I dont have any thing in the tank but snails & few hermit crabs. I did find where
she left her shell behing as she always does, now i cant find her. Could she be hidding or did the D_ _ crabs eat her??
Any Ideas she is a pretty girl..
Thanks

fuerte91

fire shrimp are very shy creatures. It may have just found a spot where you can't see it. Have you actually taken all the rock out?

D

dmojo

i think those d crabs got her. i found what looks tobe shrimp meat. she is always under one of the rocks and always comes out when feeding the tank. is it normal for hermit crabs to eat them possibly when she was shedding her shell they maybe caught her by suprise, is that possible?
Thank you
Mojo

snaredrum

My fire shrimp always hides for a day or two after a shed. I hear their shell is soft and they hide until it hardens some. Just a thought.

D

dmojo

Thanks for the input I will keep an eye open but i fear the worst.

I will let you know if she reappears thank you all for your input.
Mojo

woody189

My fire shrimp (santa clause) used to hide a lot until I got a cleaner shrimp. Then the blood shrimp came out a lot more. Even after my cleaner died, the blood still was out almost all the time.
A few weeks ago my shrimp shed, and usually it hides for a few days. I never saw it again, so I can only assume either my SLF crab, or 4line wrasse ate it.
It sucks, it was 1 of the 1st things I bought for my tank like 1.5 yrs ago, and lasted all my rookie mistakes, until now.
Poor santa. I hope you find yours. I don't think hermits would have killed, although IDK what D crabs are.