fire shrimp

mr.p

I bought one today along with a yellow tang and since I put them both in my Coral Beauty and Yellow Tang are both hanging around it trying to get cleaned. The fire shrimp tries to clean them but I don't know if he is or not? Can fire shrimp clean at all? also does this mean that they might have ich or something bothering them? Should I now buy a real cleaner shrimp?

alyssia

I have heard that fire shrimp will clean. I don't think fish hanging out next to the shrimp necessarily means that something is wrong. My healthy fish hang out next to my neon goby trying to get cleaned all the time.

mr.p

Thanks, I appreciate the help. It was pretty cute watching my coral beauty and yellow tang just hanging around the shrimp. He even pushed them away a little bit until he found a little area where he could hang out and then I saw him cleaning them. My coral beauty has a few little white spots on it and I've seen it rub against the filter head before so i'm assuming it has ich. Not too many spots though just a tiny bit. Thanks again for the help.