Fire worm??

craprap

I just finished cycling a 125 gallon tank with 200 pounds of live rock from Florida. 2 worms came out, one orange and one green. They both looked looked like catapilers, with white on all the tips. The only picture I could find that was similar was close was a fire worm. Could this be a fire worm? I was able to catch the orange one and put it into a seperate container, so I do the same with the green one, or could he be OK. Thanks!

craprap

They are more like the second picture, but it has those white tenticles all the way around it, top/bottom/sides. The color orange was more like the color of an inside of an fruit orange. Thanks again

T

thomas712

Post a pic if you can. 98% of the time they will be benificial to have, a great part of the cleanup crew. :yes:

viet-tin

jus be careful with these guys...they can sting like heck
I got stung 1 time because i wasnt careful with handling my rock and it fell on my hand. It didnt feel to good.

liquidskys

:D i have tons of those.. (pic 3)
man i was starting to think they might not be good cause i think they are multiplying. i noticed them about 6 months ago.. and now it seems my whole sand bed is filled with them.
will golbies or scotter blennies eat them?
i was thinking about getting a golbie but not sure i want them to eat them if they are a good thing :D

kablamo

i don't know about gobies, but i am pretty sure that all blennies are herbavores, and will only eat algae.

mr. champ

I have 5 molly millers (blennies) in my tank and they are ravenous about brine shrimp, they eat it up. When I put a live killifish in the tank, they all go up and mouth it but spit it out. I am surprised to hear them called herbivores, they seem to love the frozen and live brine.
-Champ

baddlord77

I have those red ones also in my new tank...they're kinda cool......i left them alone......they look like colorful catipillars