firefish goby MIA

tropills

Man my gobie is MIA for 2 days :scared: does any one have this happen.
first time he's done this in 2 months, been eating well and out and about
but now MIA what to do????? :help:

J

jesses89

did you stick your hand in the tank and scare the crap out of it???? or tap the tank hard and scare it that way or something??
whenever i scare mine... doesnt come out of its cave for a day or two.

puffer32

I had one who I thought was dead. He never hid, then he disappeared for 2 weeks! When my other FF jumped out of the tank, the one MIA came out and stayed out. Maybe someone in the tank is scaring him :notsure:

1knight164

I just recently bought two firefish and they both would come out often. Then one went MIA for several days. Then, during feeding time, he popped out of one of the holes in the LR. After eating, he went back in. Seems he found a comfortable home. Hopefully yours has done the same.

tropills

thanks all for the quick replys, yea I'm thinking my clarkii must of pestered
him into hiding. tested for ammonia and nitrites and both are zero so hopefully
like you all said he's just hiding, I'll let you know if he shows up or not.
thanks again.
Greg

patrick8929

yes they are jumpers
mine has tried to jump but i have a top so he just hit his head but they can jump some do and some dont

colsanderz

I have 2 purple firefish and they basically hide 80% of the day. They hide under a rock in the back of the tank and emerge when they are fed. They might be picking up scraps of food that blow by in your tank. I wouldn't worry after only two days.

tropills

just a update,, the firefish still MIA but I think my Rather large Carpet anemone got him along with my scopas tang, found the bones of the tang
in front of my carpet, so more than likely that was the demise of the firefish.

tropills

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
do not doubt, he may be in ur lr, thats where mine hid for the longest time
I can only hope .
thanks

garnet13aj

So, about 3 weeks ago I got 2 firefish. One died (I think he was bitten) and then a few days later the other one disappeared. I don't know if he's dead or not, but it has been about a week and I haven't seen him. So basically I'm in the same boat and I don't no for sure, but I'd bet they yours and mine are both dead (sorry to be the pessimist!).

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tropills
I can only hope .
thanks
I do hope he is still alive!!!! I am so very sorry if he is not though.

X

xnikki118x

Originally Posted by tropills
just a update,, the firefish still MIA but I think my Rather large Carpet anemone got him along with my scopas tang, found the bones of the tang
in front of my carpet, so more than likely that was the demise of the firefish.

How big is the carpet anemone that it ate your tang? Incredible.

tropills

Originally Posted by xnikki118x
How big is the carpet anemone that it ate your tang? Incredible.
18 inch across,, tang was a little over 5 inches

kelly shaw

hate to say it, but check the floor all around your tank. do you have any dogs or cats? if so they might have gotten a little snack. i had one jump out one day and my dog saw it first. i got it soon enough and put it back in. but he jumped out again before i could patch the hole and he wasn't so lucky.

jessica47421

wow i just bought one of these jumpers yesturday and after reading this post i got my husband up out of bed to put the plastic covers on the back where the glass toppers didnt go back that far. lol now there is no where for him to jump :cheer: