Firefish question

ahmoser

What is the minimum tank size for a group of 2 or 3 firefish? Do they get along better in 2s or 3s? Thanks

catawaba

I have 5 in a 135 and they do well.
Need lots of hiding spots to 'dart' into when frightened.
Who else will be in the tank?

catawaba

I prefer odd numbers, and the 40g with the blenny and two percs........I think you'd be pushing it for bioload.
How about a single purple firefish?

ahmoser

Allright guys, thanks for the responses! I currently have 4 fish ( 2 clowns a blenny, and a 6 line) in a 29 gal biocube for 4 months with no problems at all. Nitrates stay at 0! To each his own I guess.

nygel

I've got 6 in my 29g (not biocube, i like having full 29g) and I'm adding at least 1 more clown goby (of less than an inch)

catawaba

Originally Posted by ahmoser
Allright guys, thanks for the responses! I currently have 4 fish ( 2 clowns a blenny, and a 6 line) in a 29 gal biocube for 4 months with no problems at all. Nitrates stay at 0! To each his own I guess.

Agreed.
Try a purple, or a few of the red/yellow and see.
Enjoy!

30-xtra high

nygel!, ok help me out with this plz. in your last pic, whta is it right under your firefish's head? i have about 3 of those that randomly appeared on my liverock one day...
and i'd say 2 would be completely fine in your tank. i plann on a lawnmower, 2 firefish, and 2 cardinals in my 30.
they are small fish, and will do fine in your 40, and you can go with 2 or 3... i'd recomend 2, incase they mate the third one will have problems with the pair.

nygel

its a common hitchiker feather duster, I got tons of different shapes, sizes, and colors.

albfishin'

I have two in my 55g and they do great!! Waiting for some purples from my lfs:) Nice personality in the tank and are peaceful. Good luck :happyfish

catawaba

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
they are small fish, and will do fine in your 40, and you can go with 2 or 3... i'd recomend 2, incase they mate the third one will have problems with the pair.

Problem is, they already have 3 other inhabitants....

richarl5

Well you shouldn't only worry about the bioload. What you should really be concerned with is maintaining the health/not stressing out your fish. You don't want them to be too cramped because it will stress them out and then they will get sick, which will more than likely end up in death
. It sounds like since you're putting these in a 40 you should be fine, just don't over do it.

nygel

he has a 29g biocube, so i retract previous statement, since the 29gallon biocubes ARENT 29 gallons.

ahmoser

Thanks for all the input guys, they aren't for my biocube, but after all this info, I think I will add 1 purple to my biocube!