Firefish

natalie

Everything seems to be going well....I'm making the trip next week for fish for 2 of the 10 g. Right now the main tank (10 g) has 1 emerald crab, 1 firefish, 5 blue leg hermits, and 7 snails. Would it be possible to add another firefish to this tank?

knoxville

Natalie!!!! Good to hear from you! I was getting worried.
How are things going with your tanks??
Mine are going fairly well, I added some shrip they are awesome. Anywho take care for now.
Knox

natalie

Thanks Knox! Sounds like your tank is coming along awesome!!
Things are grand here! I've been concentrating on the fw tanks a good bit. Letting the sw settle in. Everybody's doing awesome! The firefish has such a funny personality.
I think I am going 2 purchase another firefish for that tank. Do I need 2 worry about the two getting along?
I'm also still trying to decide what to do with the other two 10g. Anyone have any great ideas?
Thank you! :happyfish

doodle1800

Originally posted by Natalie
I'm also still trying to decide what to do with the other two 10g. Anyone have any great ideas?
Thank you! :happyfish

Combine my extra 2 - 10 gals and we'll open a pet shop!! :D

doodle1800

Originally posted by FlyDan
Hey,
They love to be in pairs. Make sure they are the same color though.
Dan'l

I have one of each - no problems yet...

flydan

Hey,
Hmmm... I had heard that they were aggressive towards each other if not the same color. Well, I've been wrong before.:rolleyes: Glad yours are getting along swimmingly.:D
Dan'l
BTW, they are jumpers and need a covered tank. (I forgot that little tid bit in my last post.)

doodle1800

Originally posted by FlyDan
BTW, they are jumpers and need a covered tank. (I forgot that little tid bit in my last post.)

yep - agree - lost one already. In tank for about 6 months - then jumped...

benj2112

On the topic of firefish. I know they need a covered top. Does anybody think eggcrate covering where my PC hood doesn't would be good enough?

stapler

That would work....just make sure the holes arent big enough for them to slip through. I dont know exactly how high they can jump, but its better to be safe.

smythie14s

They love to be in pairs...as long as they are the same color as has been stated. I saw 2 at the LFS under a rock just latin there....so cute! LOL

natalie

Thanks everybody!! I have mesh over the few open spaces in the top so hopefully that won't be a problem. I think I will stick to the same color firefish just in case!:happyfish

natalie

I have the construction class working on a new lid but currently I have pretty tight mesh around everything so hopefully that will work for now. Thanks for the warning though!
Has anyone added another firefish to a tank already containg one? I know they are supposed to school up, I just don't want to stress my current guy out. :happyfish