Fireshrimp Aggressive?

leenie

I have a blood red fireshrimp, and was wondering how aggressive these guys are. I am asking because we recently found one of our firefish dead, and our cleaner shrimp was picking at it. We don't think our cleaner shrimp killed it because he's not fast enough to catch it... So our main suspect is the Fireshrimp. All the other inhabitants seem very intimidated by this blood red.
We have one other firsfish, but since the other one died, we haven't seen him come out much. The one time we did see him come out of hiding- he looked very weak. I think he might be scared of something in the tank...
Here's a list of the inhabitants:
1 blood red fireshrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 firefish
2 percs
So I guess it's a classic case of WHO DONE IT? Who killed the firefish?
Any ideas?

austinreef

Maybe nobody killed it and it just died. I have both the Cleaner and Fireshrimp and the Fireshrimp will sometimes bully (chase the cleaner), but thats it. It could care less about the fish. I doubt the Fireshrimp is the guilty party..

leenie

hmmm...
now that you mention it, one of the percs would start to chase it, but then it would stop after a second or two. But I didn't think a perc could catch a firefish. They are so darn fast.
Thanks guys, good to know about the Shrimp.
It's just so weird because the firefish were looking so healthy and so strong, and then one day- it was over. And now Firefish 2 is in hiding and when we do see him- he looks very bad. He doesn't come out to eat, and his color is not looking good...

jc74

I have two fire shrimp and they're not aggressive at all. The coral banded shrimp is the one to watch out for...mine rules the tank but I don't think she'd kill anything.