Firestorm's Aquarium

firestorm

Should have started a "building my tank" thread - but didn't realize how popular those were at the beginning (nor had I 'signed-up' here yet).
FTS will be coming, as well as the other members.

flower

Looks awesome...are your rock pieces "locked" into each other? I would hate to see a rock slide.

firestorm

They're stacked solidly. I had one rock tumble once and rearranged the whole dang thing. I've debated back and forth between locking them, but since I'm planning on buying a home in the next few years, I figured it'd be much easier to not lock them until the new home with the new and much larger tank. :D
And thanks for the compliment :D Made my morning

flower

Originally Posted by Firestorm
http:///forum/post/3023090
They're stacked solidly. I had one rock tumble once and rearranged the whole dang thing. I've debated back and forth between locking them, but since I'm planning on buying a home in the next few years, I figured it'd be much easier to not lock them until the new home with the new and much larger tank. :D
And thanks for the compliment :D Made my morning
So soon??? How big are you going for? 90g I think is my limit. I almost have to go swimming to service anything. Are you going to have corals or just FOWLR?

firestorm

In a few years, with I buy the home, so not anytime soon...atm, in my apartment - this is plenty big enough (and eats enough money as it is!! gotta save those $$ for the home)...as for how big...as big as I can afford - but it would definately be a reef tank - I'm in love with the movement and colour of corals - can't help myself...