Fireworms and Coral

Bryce E

I have a Green Goniopora coral and just noticed that a fireworm has made itself at home inside of it's skeleton. Not sure if it will irritate the coral or not as it appears to be healthy. I have not heard of fireworms really harming any corals other than Gargonians. Not that I am a fan of these worms but I've never worried about them too much and have always considered them to be a part of my clean up crew as long as their population isn't out of control but I don't want to take any chances with this beautiful Goniopra. I was thinking about a freshwater dip to lure it out...

Thoughts?

fireworms and brittle worms to my knowledge are different types, the fire worms eat coral and the brittle worms are pretty safe with corals. the worms that I have are a dark grayish color witch are better but if it has a red face with a beard type brittles are not reef safe just my 2cent

Bryce E

Yeah I got lucky and was able to catch him when he came out during a feeding, Much better way to get rid of him rather than putting the corals through anything stressful.