First anemone suggestions.

butler in co

Had a 75 for about 6 weeks now with 4x54 PC providing the lighting. Those two things alone may be enough for some to say NO, but give me some opinions. I have two percs that need a host.

spiderwoman

I don't think the lighting is enough for an anemone and your tank should be a bit more mature than 6 weeks. Our club's anemone expert recommends 6 months maturity for the tank. Clowns do not need an anemone to live *happily*. I have an Ocellaris and True Perc and they don't have an anemone. They seem quite happy if you ask me :)

prk543

I agree with Spiderwoman, you need to allow your tank to mature before you start adding an anenome. You will also need to upgrade your lighting. Anenomes require strong lighting, and you would need a minimum of high output T-5s, and would most likely be better off spending the money on Metal Halide lighting.
If you really want to try to get your clowns to host and given the age of your setup, I believe that you can find decorative anenomes that look decent. This way you can have the look of it and none of the worries and stress of keeping an anenome, and your clowns might host it

dawman

I agree . Anemones require pristine water conditions which are after your tank has matured for a while . At six weeks the water chemistry is going to bounce around and anemones can not handle that . Clowns host many other alternatives and don`t need to host anything . You will need to upgrade your lighting if you want a hosting anemone . Give your tank and yourself at lest 6 months to mature into this .

i dont i got my ananome when my tank was 2 monthes and all my fish seem to die and my ananome flourishes i say try to get a small bubble tip ananome
my small clown loves him i will post picture soon

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Dawman
http:///forum/post/2590028
I agree . Anemones require pristine water conditions which are after your tank has matured for a while . At six weeks the water chemistry is going to bounce around and anemones can not handle that . Clowns host many other alternatives and don`t need to host anything . You will need to upgrade your lighting if you want a hosting anemone . Give your tank and yourself at lest 6 months to mature into this .
+1

Originally Posted by bandedsnakeeel

http:///forum/post/2590036
i dont i got my ananome when my tank was 2 monthes and all my fish seem to die and my ananome flourishes i say try to get a small bubble tip ananome
my small clown loves him i will post picture soon
Sometimes seen, still not recomended.

prime311

Lol I'd worry about taking advice from someone who's only problem is that 'all my fish seem to die' anyway.