First coral

ejensen

I have had my tank set up for about 8 months now and decided to get my first coral yesterday. Some pink and green zoo's. If this goes good I will try to stock my tank up. I only have PC so I'll just keep with the lower lighting corals.

T

thomas712

Nice colony, let us know how they do after a month or so :yes:

ejensen

Does anyone know what this is? I have them growing everywhere on the rocks that I got from a LFS. These rocks were pretty fresh from the ocean but didn't have any of this on it.

ams153

hey i dont know what it is but it looks kinda cool adds to the look of youre tank and nice corals let me know how they turn out
Andrew

jayrascoe

Looks like the guy that sold you the LR hooked you up bigtime!
My LFS charges 20 bucks or so for mushroom corals like that one.
I'm new to the hobby, and I keep buying LR from the LFS that isn't in the usual LR tank, but in other tanks with fish. After they've pulled it out of the tank, they usually don't care if it's got a few small growths on it. Free frags, fantastic!

ejensen

I think they are some kind of mushroom but not sure. They are soft and are everywhere. When I first got the LR they didnt have anything on them. Over the past few months they started to grow stuff on them. They guy at the LFS has a large tank that you can dig threw to pick out which rocks you want. Only 3 dollars a pound. Can beat the price. He said that the rocks come in on sunday and he picks them up on monday. They never had any smell to them and are really fresh. I never had to cure them.