first decent pics of my 90 in-wall display

anonome

Awesome tank BTW!!! In the second picture of the full shot tank, on the right side just above the frogspawn and on the rocks is a yellow small thing. Is that a coral? bumblebee shrimp? or something else. I have never seen anyone with a bumble bee before if that is what it is.

murph145

i really like ur setup almost wish i woulda done one in wall.....
i like in wall setups and walk around cubes...
and guess what?? i didnt do either of those lol oh well
anyways very nice clean set up i really like ur green monti cap

giants4pc

I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to the small yellow thing. I don't even have frogspawn. The closest I have to that are Hammer and Galaxia. On the right side are a green monti cap and a large orange sponge. Not sure?....

pat713

I need to convince my wife to let me cut a hole in the wall at the house we'll be getting. I always love the way the in-wall setups look.
Only problem I could see with it, is when positioning the LR, you won't be able to see how it'll look in the front. Not too big of a deal though, just get to go back and move it all around again.

bill109

Originally Posted by Pat713
I need to convince my wife to let me cut a hole in the wall at the house we'll be getting. I always love the way the in-wall setups look.
Only problem I could see with it, is when positioning the LR, you won't be able to see how it'll look in the front. Not too big of a deal though, just get to go back and move it all around again.
i heard heat can be an issue to inwall i dont wann take chancs.. i have the decision of stand or wall and i choose stand,

anonome

Originally Posted by giants4pc
I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to the small yellow thing. I don't even have frogspawn. The closest I have to that are Hammer and Galaxia. On the right side are a green monti cap and a large orange sponge. Not sure?....
Ok, The tank right side, looking at the tank----left side. Sorry. Very interesting.

giants4pc

The aquascaping can definitely be a PITA. You really need two people. I would put a piece in position, come in the front and look...go back...adjust...walk around again. It's worth it when it's down however. It frees up so much space.

joncat24

how do you like your mj mods??? did you buy the kits or did you cut your own pvc...Looks like the kits, but I can't tell for sure. I tried to do one without the kit and it rattles too much. I was thinking about ordering the kit....let me know

Very nice! I'm planning on a wall mount myself, in March or April. Any ideas or things you learned I might want to know regarding installation?

joncat24

Originally Posted by Russy Pelican
Very nice! I'm planning on a wall mount myself, in March or April. Any ideas or things you learned I might want to know regarding installation?
search in wall on here, there are alot of good ideas and pics to help ya out
I looked at threads for days before I did mine...

giants4pc

There really isn't much to putting the tank in the wall. Just score the sheetrock, take it out, demolition saw the wood, frame it out, and move the tank. Definitely do a search first. I can take closer pictures as well if you'd like. I had more trouble deciding on the design of the sump than the wall. As for the mods, the smaller one on the left was built by another reefer while I built the one on the right with the kit from MJmods. My only complaint was that I ordered the kit and made it while watching the video on reefvideos. However, they sent me the new shroud and the video doesn't take the new shroud into consideration. I made it work but it needed many adjustments. I still do not get the stopper idea. Overall, they put out a lot of flow for a relatively inexpensive powerhead.

thirty6

looks great! i just finished my basement and had a cut out built into the wall for a very similar set up. the only thing i need to do is build the base or platform for the tank to sit on. it looks like you used 2x4's, is that a safe guess or did you use 4x4?

joncat24

I still do not get the stopper idea. Overall, they put out a lot of flow for a relatively inexpensive powerhead.[/QUOTE] the stopper is in there to make sure the prop spins in the right direction. since it is an ac/dc motor, on startup it may spin either way. If it starts in the wrong direction, the prop goes out, hits the stop and starts to turn the other way.

J

jrthomas40

that is pretty awesome...hopefully i can get my 90 to look that good one day...this is a pic after i finished the swap...last weekend i put a 21 pound rock in it so i will have to get another pic up with the new rock work....after christmas it will have HQI's and lunars....so many pics to come

stickman

great lookin tank...definatly
!dont want to get off topic but i'll apologize in advance...LFS's! where do you go? i dont have many in my area only APC and 2 mom and pops shops. just wondering if you know any good ones around. i heard about one near 6flags but i forgot the name. anyway shoot me a line hnic1121@msn.com thanks
p.s. love the wall tank