First Fill at Walmart

rajunkajun

I will be getting my RO water to use for my 24g AP from Walmart. Then it hit me, how am i gonna get 24 gallons of water from Walmart too my house to fill up the tank
?! :thinking: . So how did you guys and gals do your first fill? LFS?

monalisa

Originally Posted by RajunKajun
I will be getting my RO water to use for my 24g AP from Walmart. Then it hit me, how am i gonna get 24 gallons of water from Walmart too my house to fill up the tank
?! :thinking: . So how did you guys and gals do your first fill? LFS?
Yeah, I'm looking at this as well for a 37gal seahorse tank in a couple of weeks. I figure that I'll use my three 3gal jugs, my daughter's two 3gal jugs, plus hers and my 5gal jugs...let's see...that's going to be at least 2-3 trips to Wal Mart to start my tank out right. Well worth it...
Lisa :happyfish

Get a tub from target ...18gallon or whatever... Go to walmart and buy the 5 gallon jugs, fill that up and dump it in you tub.. keep doing that till you have enough...Make sure tub is sealed well for ride home.

fish addict

Originally Posted by Herefshyfishy
Get a tub from target ...18gallon or whatever... Go to walmart and buy the 5 gallon jugs, fill that up and dump it in you tub.. keep doing that till you have enough...Make sure tub is sealed well for ride home.
That's what I did, worked out well!

bs21

walmart sells distilled water in gallon jugs that are packaged 3 in a box like $.64/gallon you could just buy a bunch of boxes. Can you buy RO water from their fish section? didnt know that.

monalisa

Originally Posted by bs21
walmart sells distilled water in gallon jugs that are packaged 3 in a box like $.64/gallon you could just buy a bunch of boxes. Can you buy RO water from their fish section? didnt know that.
Not from their fish section...but their water machines (usually back by groceries and such) is RO filtered. They also sell containers to haul the water in. I don't know what I'd do without them, 'cept maybe get my own RO system...wish I knew how they work and how they set up...I'd be all over that!!
Lisa :happyfish

bruder

Ha! Great post. I just filled up my new 75g with about 60g of RO from a local grocery store. Well, on one of my trips when I had about 30g of water filled in my cart this guy comes up to me with a straight face and goes,
"You know something I don't know?"
"Excuse me?" I say
"You know what I mean kid, another terrorist attack"
"Ha. No sir. Just filling up a fish-tank"
"Thank god"
I thought the guy was kidding but he didn't crack a smile the whole time. Small town America for you.

stephish

LOL I was getting my 6 filled yesterday and some smarty pants made a comment about he couldn't believe people drank that water and didn't just buy the individual bottles. My obnoxious self hollered back to him that my fish preferred it they had a hard time opening all the little bottles.

salt newbee

I bought 84 indivdual gallons of Distilled Water at Walmart to start my 75g tank. It took two FULL carts and a lot of weird looks, I wanted to start yelling "The end is near!". I am getting my RODI on order tomorrow.

bronco300

lol....when i hooked up my 75 i went to a local water company and got 16 5gallon jugs...filled up the SUV and away we went...i suggest getting an RO system, it'll save ya money in the long run. lately i had been getting up to 15gallons per week...so this sale save money money

watson3

Originally Posted by Herefshyfishy

shannonranee

When I first set up my tank I got all my water from Wal-Mart. I made two trips filling up my two three gallon bottles and I bought the rest in one gallon.

rajunkajun

Going to a water company to get the water sounds like a good idea. I dont have an SUV or truck for a tub and I dont want the water to splash out or anything. Thanks for the help!

Y

yote

I let my wife drive my pickup and had her get 65gal for my 55 gal tank,of course she fussed about buying getting it all in one gallon jugs.

browniebuck

To start the tank, I did what everyone else has said. Now, to keep the water on hand at all times, I have a 19 gallon tub that I keep at least half full at all times, through trips to the grocery store to fill 5 gallon buckets (only 3 gallons each) and one gallon jugs for refills. I also have a heater and air strip in the tub to ensure best quality.