First fish problem...

nyhcx516x

Originally Posted by renogaw
can be ich, brook, or just sand on the scales.
go to the disease forum and take a look at the pics. most likely it is a disease. hopefully you have it in your quarantine tank
you know, i laughed when i read this "sand on the scales"?? yea right...
well, i went home on lunch today, and the little guy was clean....
hope all is well... im gonna keepa close eye on him.
other than that, ive learnt... time to build a QT tank.
thanks guys

renogaw

there's tons of stuff that could be both :) hopefully you dodged a bullet and it was sand. did you check your PMs?

1journeyman

NYH, please do read up on Ich in the disease forum. It could very well be that your Clown has it but you aren't seeing it. Once you get your QT built and cycled move the clown to it for 6 weeks to allow any ich introduced into your display to die off. As said, Ich has a life cycle far longer then 3 days.
what type of Clown did you get? an 8 gallon biocube is really only suited for the smallest Clown species.
Good luck with the tank! You might also post a bit more about your tank in the Nano forum. Lot's of skilled aquarists in there.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by ncacura
ps. if this is your first fish in your tank you should start with a damsel......i know clownfish are in the damsel family, but damsels cost 5$ and clown fish cost in the area of 50$ so it's always to start off your tank with 5$ rather than 50$ and then just sell back the damsels to your LFS or get a lion fish or something to eat um.

Damsels are the devil I tell you the DEVIL! I don't know where you are getting clownfish for 50 bucks but you are getting RIPPED. Save your self the headache and the bottle of boos you'll need to fix it if you get a damsel in a small tank.