First fish

tmkx3

just put in my first fish :cheer: :cheer: .THey are 2 tank raised false perculas. i put them in yesterday. At first they were kinda swimming back and forth acrossed the tank as fast as they could almost like they were racing or maybe pacing. Is this normal? In freshwater this is called flashing and can be a sign that there is something wrong. Is it the same for salt fish? Is it a sign of stress. What can I do to help them? After I turned the lights off last night they did settle down in a corner behind the rocks. They are still pacing but not quite as much or fast. I also haven't really seen them eat. They go to the top for the food but they spite it out. Do they not like the food? It is a marine flake by tetra. I was thinking that maybe the flakes were to big and they just spite the left overs

mimzy

also, how long has ur tank been set up, what size is it, and what do you have in there so far?
and when you post your reading, posting the actual NUMBERS would do a world of help

tmkx3

Ammonia 0 125 gallon 1 fire shrimp
nittite 0 pro prizm skimmer 2 emerald crabs
nitrate 5.0 Ebo jagger heater 2 turbo snails
70lbs rock 1200 maxie jet 1 bahama starfish
125lbs sand
I just finished cycling my tank.

tmkx3

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5.0
125g
125lbs sand
pro prizm
eco jagger heater
1200 maxie jet
70lbs live rock
Sorry about the previous post. I put everything in columns but when I submitted they all ran together. I acclimated the fish for about an hour in a bucket by adding water from the main tank every fifteen minutes. I didn't add them to the tank until the gravity was the same.

wax32

Clowns are a little skittish at first. Keep your water quality good and try not to press your face against the tank for a few days.