first fragging!!

newbfish

hey guys this is my first frag
I was wondering why my mushroom wasn't spreading so I looked into fragging it.
Well after I did a little research I tried it, but I wanna know if I did it right.
I cut it at the base, but I think I cut it too high up where I can see its insides like lots of string things. Did I cut it too high and will it be okay?
And sorry I have no camera to take pictures for I am a high school student, but I love SW tanks.

ric maniac

It doesn't really matter how high you cut it, it will grow. They are extremely easy to frag. Don't worry.

coachklm

all I do is put a Loosely tied(just a little pressure) rubber band through the mouth around the rock and in a week I have 2 healthy mushrooms.... (rics)..... regular mushrooms get the blade.

one time I didnt have it on the mouth .. and still got two

sac10918

I have noticed that when mushrooms get angry they spew up the "stringy things" from the mouth. The first time I saw it, I was really concerned. Now I have realized its not a big deal!

ric maniac

Originally Posted by coachKLM
http:///forum/post/2475805
all I do is put a Loosely tied(just a little pressure) rubber band through the mouth around the rock and in a week I have 2 healthy mushrooms.... (rics)..... regular mushrooms get the blade.

Thats one of the best things I've heard in a long time! I'm going to try that.

newbfish

Originally Posted by coachKLM
http:///forum/post/2475805

thanks for the idea I think this will be a much easier and safer way!!!
and thanks everyone

coachklm

not to hard or youll damage the mushroom but by using light pressure you are "convincing" the mushroom to split itself.

you ccan use this method for almost all lps and softies
if you want to separate zoo use 3/4 rubberbands and after 2/3 days you have enough room to cut and break the rock without "accidently" nailing a zoo.