muscles
scallops
clams
fresh garlic
nori seaweed
Nice mix. You have you shopping list

J

jrthomas40

is the fresh garlic just for taste and flavor??...what if you added vitamins into the food before freezing....like if you are doing coral food would it hurt to blend it up in some reef nutrition, with phyto and zoo plankton...that way you have plankton and meaty goodness along with growth vitamins mixed into one feeding??? would that work

matt b

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
is the fresh garlic just for taste and flavor??
i think but not sure but i no every1 else uses it

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
is the fresh garlic just for taste and flavor??...what if you added vitamins into the food before freezing....like if you are doing coral food would it hurt to blend it up in some reef nutrition, with phyto and zoo plankton...that way you have plankton and meaty goodness along with growth vitamins mixed into one feeding??? would that work
You want to add all of the "good" stuff before freezing. Fresh garlic is used for boosting immune systems, and other medicinal purposes. Bottled garlic is just for flavor. Add your vitamines, sea-veggies, and whatever else into the mix. Custom make it for your fish stock.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Be sure it is raw frozen seafood. Most are flash frozen, meaning that they freeze the fresh seafood quickly which preserves all of the goodness.
just to add a note to using flash frozen food seafood when you thaw it make sure you "slow" thaw it in your refrigerator, not fast on your counter, this will prevent bacteria and spoilage to start forming in the outer edges of the food while the center is still frozen.