First Livestock Post.

cbshark

Why the LOL? I don't think that there are many anemones as beautiful as a condy. I've even had the urge to set up a tank full of condys and clowns. Good luck with the tank.

hexagon30

Originally posted by CBSHARK
Why the LOL? I don't think that there are many anemones as beautiful as a condy. I've even had the urge to set up a tank full of condys and clowns. Good luck with the tank.

The lol is for my random post. :)

I have these two corals and cannot remember the name of them.. I DID ASK when I bought them if they would work in my tank, answer was yes, want to add to my signature.. Please help
It';s a brain i belive, but what kind??
Thanks, Kim

hexagon30

Originally posted by Hexagon30
Posting my first Anemone. LOL

Well found this little creature sucked up thru the filter and gone.

Is this poisonous for everyone in there?
The tank got cloudy I tried to get most of it out of the fluval intake, but I'm afraid there maybe more stuck in the tubes.
I dont' want all my fishes to die. I did a quick water test and the parameters look fine.
I had to go to work and I'll check it asap when I get home. I hope it's not too late.

meadbhb

Hiya,
Yeap, when they die they release a toxin into the water. You may want to go to the clown anenome board and read some of those posts.
Kim,
Looks like a sand brain. I'm in love with one at our LFS but he wants $60 for it. Nice big one with great color, but I can't afford it right now. You're correct on the other two corals.
Meadbhb

hexagon30

Originally posted by Meadbhb
Hiya,
Yeap, when they die they release a toxin into the water. You may want to go to the clown anenome board and read some of those posts.
Kim,
Looks like a sand brain. I'm in love with one at our LFS but he wants $60 for it. Nice big one with great color, but I can't afford it right now. You're correct on the other two corals.
Meadbhb

What should I do, water change or is this tank going to crash?
I'm so pissed right now. :help:

promisetbg

Yes water changes will be needed..to be safe.
Kim..the first one looks like a cynarina or maybe a scolymia to me.

hexagon30

Originally posted by promisetbg
Yes water changes will be needed..to be safe.
Kim..the first one looks like a cynarina or maybe a scolymia to me.

How much 30% on a 30 gallon? Anything I can add to the water?
to make sure the other animals survive?

Thanks for the Id's... I thought it was the scolymia.. just couldnt think of the name...
Also, Yes, I would do a large water change, clean out all the tubes (fluval)... smaller water changes after that if you see any perameter issues. If all is well in 5 days, you should ok.
I had one die and be sucked into the fluval as well, did small water change, nothing died.. So your probably OK./.
Kim :yes:

hexagon30

Originally posted by KimKissyFish
Thanks for the Id's... I thought it was the scolymia.. just couldnt think of the name...
Also, Yes, I would do a large water change, clean out all the tubes (fluval)... smaller water changes after that if you see any perameter issues. If all is well in 5 days, you should ok.
I had one die and be sucked into the fluval as well, did small water change, nothing died.. So your probably OK./.
Kim :yes:

From what I'm reading the condy may not have died yet, so hopefully it hasnt released too much crap in the water, or would the ripping of the tentacles by the filter do that?
I'm thinking the water got cloudy because of it's intake was cut to half the capacity for a couple of hours??
I did a small water change and the fish seems to be ok, I will change out the carbon in a little bit, find more remains in the canister then add some ammonia removing media in my filter compartment, then test the water in a couple of hours.
I'm crossing my fingers.
:nervous: :nervous:

obarrera

Originally posted by CBSHARK

Heteractis magnificas are way better.:) IMO.

poop_head

Hey CBSshark
I have a question or two for you about the Condi anemones and clown fish. I just got my first anemone(a Condi) and I wish to get a pair of clown fish to host it so I would like some input as to which types of clowns you have had success with Condis My email is djj28@email.byu.edu if you could give me some info. Thanks

obarrera

Originally posted by Poop_heaD
Hey CBSshark
I have a question or two for you about the Condi anemones and clown fish. I just got my first anemone(a Condi) and I wish to get a pair of clown fish to host it so I would like some input as to which types of clowns you have had success with Condis My email is djj28@email.byu.edu if you could give me some info. Thanks

A condy won't host any clowns,but it will probably eat them.=/