First Nano Tank

shawnriv

Hi All,
I am looking to purchase my first saltwater nano tank. I am looking to supply the tank with fish, an anemone, and soft corals. I have been looking at the Nuvo Nano 16 since it comes with the LED lights for a $350 price tag. I would like something bigger, but usually do not come with the lights. I would love the Nuvo Nano 24 or the Nuvo Micro 30. As said, the last two don't come with LED lights. Is there any affordable nano lights that would be adequate for soft corals and anemone?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnriv http:///t/397292/first-nano-tank#post_3540943
Hi All,
I am looking to purchase my first saltwater nano tank. I am looking to supply the tank with fish, an anemone, and soft corals. I have been looking at the Nuvo Nano 16 since it comes with the LED lights for a $350 price tag. I would like something bigger, but usually do not come with the lights. I would love the Nuvo Nano 24 or the Nuvo Micro 30. As said, the last two don't come with LED lights. Is there any affordable nano lights that would be adequate for soft corals and anemone?

Hi,

Tube anemones don't need bright lights...but they get big.... they have their own light and are nocturnal.

Soft corals like mushrooms and Kenya tree doesn't require special lighting 9what you have is fine for them). Then there are non-photosynthetic corals that don't need any light at all.

shawnriv

Hi,
Tube anemones don't need bright lights...but they get big.... they have their own light and are nocturnal.
Soft corals like mushrooms and Kenya tree doesn't require special lighting 9what you have is fine for them). Then there are non-photosynthetic corals that don't need any light at all.
So what kind of lights do you recommend? I am looking for something that would fit the nano tanks.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnriv http:///t/397292/first-nano-tank#post_3541006
So what kind of lights do you recommend? I am looking for something that would fit the nano tanks.

Hi,

The cubes have a light they come with...just get corals and critters that go with that register of light. By getting small fags you can put them into a nano tank, if they start to outgrow the tank, frag them and sell the frags.

A short list:
Red chili coral
Mushroom coral
Kenya tree
Purple gorgonian

I think this book would be really helpful for you.

Here is an example page: Click on the picture to enlarge it