first order with swf.com

firedad720

i ordered sunday. this morning my order went from pending to processing. now they've put it back to pending.:mad: :mad:
anyone know why they do this? every other internet store would have sent it monday, but i went with swf because of all the good things i've heard on this board. thanks rick ::help: :help:

jess74

They are slower then some of the other internet sites, however they make up for it in quality of product. You won't be sorry with your order, you just have to have a little patience and plan ahead when ordering from here. I was very happy with my order once I got it. :D

pokdbz

What probably happened is that something your ordered was not instock or the item was not ready to be sent out yet.
I had put in a order and the B&W clowns were not up to par so they didn't send the whole order. I would email them and ask them what is going on with the order and then give them a delivery date to ensure you get it on the day that you want. In the end it all worked out great for me.
They have great livestock here.:D

firedad720

i just don't like them changeing the order status without at least an e-mail or something to let me know why they changed it. i e-mailed them but have not received a reply, and they don't give a phone number to talk to anyone. i hope the animals are in good shape.
:confused:

jlm

I order stuff from them all the time. And I love there stuff. Everything is always so healthy and if you have a problem with one they take care of it.

firedad720

thanks everyone. can anyone tell me why they would change my order status back to pending. but not send an e-mail explaining why. this doesn't seem like good business(sp?) sence to me.
i finally talked my wife into useing the internet to order, she doesn't like buying without seeing firet. and now this without a e-mail to tell us what happened & no number to call for info. i keep hearing " i told you so" i hope they return my e-mail or call tomorrow. thanks rick. :scared: :scared:

sailfin

I have had them change mine before. They are very reliable and can be trusted, without a doubt. No need for I told you so's. Once they ship your items they will very promptly send you an e-mail with tracking information. You will be able to track the shipment to your door after that. Enjoy your order!!!!!
:D

clint_reno

They go the extra mile. In this hobby it makes all the difference. I know it is hard, but try not to sweat it. Concentrate on being there when the order arrives.
Although I am fairly new to this hobby, I've been around the block to know that quality it key.
More than likely, when the box shows, and you open it up, you're gonna smile.
:yes:

bsktmom

I placed an order on Saturday night. They have always shipped it out on Monday and arriving on Tuesday. Mine did the same thing yours did it said that it was processing and then sometime later it went back to pending. I e-mailed them yesterday and they e-mailed me this morning telling me they were out of stock on the sexy shrimp and would not have any until the middle of next week. They have always been so nice. I have never been disappointed in what I have gotten from SWF.

firedad720

alright, now i'm mad :mad: :mad: i finnally got an e-mail from them. they don't have the green shrimp i ordered. they were the reason i ordered from the internet in the first place. then they reply to my work e-mail instead of the address on my order form. so by the time i got it it was to late to get any thing done today. now i know this kind of things happen, but they shouldn't have items on "add to cart" if they are sold out. and it shouldn't take 4 days to let me know its sold out. they need a phone so i could have changed my order today instead of e-mail and it be tomorrow before they get the e-mail witch means next week before i get an order i could have gotten last tuesday from another sight. and talked to someone on the phone if there was a problem with my order.
sorry for the rant but i like this message board and wanted to support it. it is kind of hard after this. rick

cindyski

sorry that happened to you, i have had lots of luck with swf as others have also said. maybe they just got bombarded for orders on your item that weekend. they dont do e-mail on the weekends, so maybe paths got crossed for you. sorry you had a hard time for your first order. but you know what they say "patience" guess its meant for more than one reason sometmes. it will be worth the wait though! :)

pacopetty

I would hate to see how bad you would freak out if something bad really did happen! This is the best site going bar none. If you can get your stuff somewhere else and only order $75 worth to get free shipping then I think you should do that. MTC
Patience is the key!

firedad720

has nothing to do with freaking out. has a lot to do with no way to talk to them except through e-mail, and then they e-mail me at 345 pm (445 eastern) and i can't deal with the problem. because they close at 5pm. when i spend close to 150 dollars i think there should be someway to talk to someone directly when there is a problem with my order. but thanks for your advise i'll give it as much concideration as it deserves. i had to change my order, so i ordered a orange linka. i have read that you can spot feed them. well i did a seargh on this sight( yea i should of did that first, instead of reading other sights) and found out you can't. i don't think my tank will support him, not enough live rock. now i don't know how to change this, because they haven't anwsered that e-mail yet. any suggestions?
rick

clint_reno

From my research, and my experience, I am impressed with the way SWF.com does business. Why? Quality.
You can find other online fish sites that have better customer support. You can find other online vendors that have a better selection. You can find local fish stores thant will tell you to put a tang in a 5g tank.
But how many vendors support multi-topic message boards that advocate the true proper care of SW specimens? And then, on top of that, operate a business that ships premium aquatic specimens?!
I understand your frustration. But there is nothing instant about this hobby. I say i understand, because the first lesson of this hobby is patience. (Pacopetty is right). I was impatient at first, too.
And it takes all of us newbies time to realize this. If you stick with this hobby, you will eventually cross that magical threshold. And then you will realize that we are all quite lucky to have SWF.com.
I suggest you mark this one "no big deal".

pokdbz

I understand exactly what you are going thru with SWF.com. The same things happend to me. I was pissed at first, it took me a couple of days to calm down. But I waited for my B&W clown to become in stock. Which took a month!! In the end I was really happy with the whole order. The livestock was perfect.
Don't get discouraged, just wait till you open the box with your livestock in it and put it in your tank. Then you will know that it was all worth it.

firedad720

i have every intention of calming down and waiting for my order. i just don't like yhe fact that it has taken 5 days, who knows how long before the order arrives, because i can't talk to anyone. i have to wait on them to get to my e-mail
:hilarious :hilarious
rick

pacopetty

I do agree with what J.Unit said about placing a whole order again to get your dead item replaced. They have done this to me and I don't agree with that part of their policy. But we are cutting out the middle man and getting the livestock at about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cost of an LFS.So I guess we have to expect losses and set backs of these types.