First pic of my Biocube 29

nitschke65

Here goes nuthin! Hope I've got this photobucket thing worked out, seems pretty simple.

Here's what I've done so far. Removed section of compartment 1 for heater installation. Installed Oceanic protein skimmer. Bio balls still in compartment 2 and stock pump in 3. Koralia 1 circulation pump. Stock lighting. 25 lb. live rock and 2 blue/green chromis, small zoanthid and mushroom pieces.
I'd like to add the nanotuners 3.36 lighting mod, mostly because they mention temp. drops of 1 or 2 degrees with the new fans and heat shield. Does anyone know if this is true? I also just can't decide what to do in section 2 of the filter. I am planning to not use carbon unless I absolutely have to.

nitschke65

Thanks subielover. The skimmer is working great so far. I know the lfs said it was probably only big enough for the 14, but the price was right and I just make sure to empty it regularly and will change the airstone when I notice any change in its current level of efficency.
Nycbob, I plan to knock the junk off the bioballs when I do my water changes every two weeks. Just chuck 'em in the syphoned out water and shake to get any chunky, slimey stuff off. Is that enough? Do you use lr rubble?
Flricordia - I'm brand knew here, and have no idea who you are, but I think I've missed you and have a strange urge to say, "welcome back." Any thoughts on a submersable fuge light and how to arrange the cheato and stuff. I've been searching through other posts here trying to decide.

flricordia

you can get one on the uactoin site. I like the 8" white LEDs. No heat and very bright. I bury it in the chaeto and the stuff grows like crazy. Basically get a sponge like those made for the Aqua Clear filters and cut it to fit in the first chamber under the overflow and fill with LR rubble below that and the second chamber fill will chaeto or the other way around, whichever you decide. I thinkt he first chamber holds more water?

fcatch76

Originally Posted by nitschke65
http:///forum/post/2756295
I'd like to add the nanotuners 3.36 lighting mod, mostly because they mention temp. drops of 1 or 2 degrees with the new fans and heat shield. Does anyone know if this is true? I also just can't decide what to do in section 2 of the filter. I am planning to not use carbon unless I absolutely have to.

The 4.36 nanotuner upgrade chnaged my temp by 1 degree lower. Thats with 1 10k, 2 Act and a 50/50. Lights run for 10 and 8 hours per day.
HTH