First post-Katrina coral!

wax32

It's been a little over 2 months since Katrina killed my reef. The first new coral to go in is an encrusting Montipora. The pink is pretty hard to capture with the camera, but I thought this coral looked nice enough to make an exception to my (planned) zoanthid focused tank.
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Montipora
sp. 11-4-05
It's got a little die-off on the right side, but I'm crossing my fingers that this is as far as it will go.

hot883

Very nice addition. I'd of made room for it too. Zoas will look cool in there with the Monti

partsman

Originally Posted by wax32
It's been a little over 2 months since Katrina killed my reef. The first new coral to go in is an encrusting Montipora. The pink is pretty hard to capture with the camera, but I thought this coral looked nice enough to make an exception to my (planned) zoanthid focused tank.
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Montipora
sp. 11-4-05
It's got a little die-off on the right side, but I'm crossing my fingers that this is as far as it will go.

sorry to hear about your tank due to Katrina -
like we all are saying here

[hr]
we will rebuild -
that goes for our reef tanks also.
i was a bit luckier over in covington ....than god i had a generator .
good luck with your tank
michael

wax32

Thanks guys.
Michael: I had a generator too, but being on the south shore we decided to get the heck out of dodge. Even if we had stayed with the power out for 17 days I wouldn't have been able to get enough gas for my generator!
Looking at this coral more closely I think it might actually be a Porites. Either way I am digging it.

partsman

i know what you mean by " enough gasoline 4 the generator " . i shuttled fuel from baton rouge every 2 days in hard to find gas cans and emptied gas tanks in other cars kepping my generator going.
i almost had the " big one " ( heart attack ) when i received my shell gas statement later..
ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh .
anyway - nice looking piece -
just after the storm i finally brought my 120 into the 21st centry and got rid of the old dolomite gravel , air stones , lift tubes etc and upgraded to live sand - live rock - a cpr aqua fuge refugium and 520 watts of lighting with 2 coralife light fixtures. i added 2 rio 820 in tank pumps as well a 2 aqua clear 70 powerheads for a combined 2200 gph water flow.
now this is so much better i'm actually shocked at my water readings now.
o's across the board and unbelivable results with my fish and critters.
didn't mean to steal your thread so

[hr]
i'm outa here .
thanks and good luck
MB

wax32

Sweet partsman! Sounds like you got the makings of one hell of a tank. Got any pictures?
Thanks viper: Hmm, think it's a M. nodosa
? I'll look into it some more! I hope it will really pop once it gets acclimated to it's new surroundings.
Here is today's picture. I rearranged my rock. I like this better.

New Layout November 5, 2005

wax32

Originally Posted by Reefer_Fez
Looking good. Very sorry about the loss. Hope everything goes fine.

Thanks, so far so good!

wax32

Originally Posted by Speg
Looks like a superman return pipe...
Hey I love my orange and blue Loc-Line!

I've been contemplating ordering more and changing my closed-loop pipes to orange and blue too!

wax32

Originally Posted by JayC
Sorry to hear about your loss. But it ooks great!!
Josh
Thanks Josh.