First post...

atrialfib22

Hi everyone...just wanted to chime in as a brand new member of the forum. I've been reading a lot since I found this forum and in the process have learned a great deal. You guys are a great community and I am excited about becoming a part of it as well as getting into this wonderful hobby.
So this is my very first try at SW and the first thing I can say is...I wish I had a larger tank! Anyhow, the current situation puts me at a 20 gallon tank and after reading the 101 tips and numerous other posts I have developed a basic plan for what I want.
So far I have the tank, a heater (100W), HOB filter and the stock lighting that came with the aquarium.
I am planning on a FOWLR with the possibility of adding some corals in the future (hardy zoanthids/leathers, etc):
-Live Sand Bed (1-1.5 in.)
-Live Rock - Fiji Prem (20 lbs)
-Upgrade lighting to T5 4x24W (2 Daylight @ 10K and 2 Actinic @ 460 nm) Nova Extreme
-AquaC Remora Skimmer w/Maxi Jet 1200 PH
-One Koralia 1 PH for circulation (thinking about putting it on the lower left corner and pointing towards the center, depending on aquascape)
-API Master Test Kit
As far as Livestock, my wishlist is:
-Pair of Ocellaris Clowns
-Maybe a Sixline Wrasse
-Emerald Crab
-Fire Shrimp
-Hermits (red/blue leg)
-Snails
And...I know this is something for way down the road...but I really wanna get one BTA. I wanna make sure that my bioload is compatible with this and that my equipment will be adequate to support it all.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice or scorning?...They are all welcome!
I am currently getting ready to paint the back of my tank black. And I am slowly but surely getting my shopping list for hardware finalized as I save some $$ to get it all ready before I get my LS/LR. Please feel free to gimme all the input you may have!

I am excited and ready to get it all going!

keith burn

Originally Posted by AtrialFib22
http:///forum/post/2488158
I am excited and ready to get it all going!
Looks good and it is good you have asked good questions.
You will do good at this hobby asking questions 1st.
It all looks good but... lol
IMO go with 2 heater not one,2-50w if one stops or will not stop you will see it befor
it gets very cold or very hot.
And you may try 2 #2 Koralia P/H,s.IMO one is ok but 2 will be better flow and #1 is IMO small you need P/H,s that will flow more.