First post....

grouperhead

On the new board! Currently, I have a 20g nano reef, and love it. I hope to share info, stories, etc. with other nano guys here. Great work swf! Bo

bang guy

WOW!!!
Great idea for a forum.
To start.... What's a nano? is there a specific size like 20 gal and smaller or ??

Hmm this is going to be an interesting forum !! :) It will be interesting to see what people keep in them. I guess the only one of my tanks that could be considered a nano would be my 20 gallon mantis tank.

demosthenes

This forum is awesome. Now I no longer have to find a specific BB for Nano Info, I can just come to this forum. Thanks for the new forum SWF.com!

grouperhead

I consider a 'nano' from 29 gallons down. I've seen them as small as .5 gallons :eek: . I figure most questions here will be about 10 and 20g tanks....Bo

bang guy

Originally posted by Grouperhead
I've seen them as small as .5 gallons :eek:

Heh, heh, .... I guess I'll have to post a pic of my nano then... ;)

grouperhead

Melody, there is no set in stone size for a tank to be considered 'nanos'. I guess they are all really nano's if you think about it. Bo

bang guy

I've heard Reef tanks referred to as "mini-reefs". I believe that's where the term "nano" came from. One step smaller than a mini.

jim27

Awesome, a forum for my favorite kind of reef tanks.
My current tank is an 18 gallon nano, it was originally a 10g that I started over a year ago. I love it almost as much as my shark tank.
btw, I think the general rule is that anything less than 30 gallons can be considered a nano.

zack schwartz

I tend to go with 30 or less as well in total water so like including refugium or sump. I have kept nanos for a while and been on swf.com for a good time and this is one of the best things that i have seen come, thanks swf.com.:)

crazy4reefs

i just started a 20 gallon long tank just a few months ago.. iam going slow with it and want to eventually add coral. this is so cool that they added this forum!!:D