First Reef Tank @ 6Months

nic_u812

Hi all, this is my first post.. Just posting a few pics of my first attempt at a reef tank... so far so good I think... It is about 6 months established now... Lemme know..TKS!!!:happyfish

baddlord77

There's only two possibilities for a tank lookin' that good at only 6 months. #1 you're fool of beans (unlikely) #2 you're a 'fat-cat' (lots of dough on hand) or #3, you're single....i will take the later......

nic_u812

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the tank... It really has only been up and running for about 6 months now... I started it up some time back in April...
As far as being a single "fat cat", I wish I could say that was the case.. lol I actually just got into the hobby and really got addicted fast... I had been into freshwater awhile ago, and got out of the hobby. I wanted to start up a saltwater tank for sometime, and I guess when I did, I went full bore...
As far as the lighting goes, I am using 2 CoralLife powercompact canopies... One is a double, and the other is a single.. I have about 5.2 watts per gallon... I was using only the double (65wX4) then went to the additional canopy after I added the 2 clams. Everything seems to be doing great... Thanks again for the feedback!!! :happyfish

nic_u812

Here are a few pics of the tank's humble beginning...:help: If I would have known then what I know now..... so the story goes...