(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

reefer545

talk about a headache. I especially like the one not in use. I bet you thought you would just throw one in to keep it with all its plumbing friends, huh?sorry that was dumb. Holy plumbing Batman.

azfishgal

Saying your tank is beautiful just doesn't seem to cut it.
I see your "tank" pics and want to upgrade my 125, but then I look at your pluming and I think.......

wangotango

Originally Posted by azfishgal
, but then I look at your pluming and I think.......
ditto. I don't have the patience to do that. Plus the smell of PVC cement

Any updates?
-Justin

tboy

awsome
what kind of pvc pipe is that?
it's so cool, it could bend!
oh yeah. BTW. what's cbui mean?
I only ask is because bui is my friend last name and wonder if you are vietnamese

digitydash

Originally Posted by Tboy
awsome
what kind of pvc pipe is that?
it's so cool, it could bend!
oh yeah. BTW. what's cbui mean?
I only ask is because bui is my friend last name and wonder if you are vietnamese
It is flex pipe it is like a ruber pipe made for pluming with angle and you are able to move them without cutting them like you would have to do with regular pvc.

digitydash

Originally Posted by Tboy
is there a name for it?
thank you
Yea thats the name.You wont find it at homedepot or lowes I don't think.Try plumbing supply places.I can get it at my wholesale supply warehouse but havent seen it in the home improvment places.

grubsnaek

i have spa flex at the two major home improvement stores near me, also at the two near my job miles away from the other two stores. so around me in jersey you can get them no prob. at these stores there usually near the plumbing supplies, also try near hot tub supplies.

gypsana

Originally Posted by SAMBASAM
just curious. how much did all of this cost you.
Personally I feel it is kind of rude to ask a question like that. IMHO. It was very expensive!!! We all know how much smaller tanks cost.

deltablack22

Originally Posted by gypsana
Personally I feel it is kind of rude to ask a question like that. IMHO. It was very expensive!!! We all know how much smaller tanks cost.

In person, maybe if you were a stranger.... But really why is it rude? Nobody knows this individual, maybe they are just curious, its human nature right? Just like the idiots on 285/75/85 that slow down to a crawl to see dead bodies in the road in Atlanta traffic. What harm does it honestly do to this guy to give a exact or even ballpark figure?
He has a amazing system and perhaps someone wants to duplicate it. I have seen people with nicer systems divulge the total cost... Obviously it is very expensive so why the big secret?

grubsnaek

i seen no harm in asking, sometimes i myself look and think how much stuff costs. for some reason when you do get a number and your blown away by the figure. you have and give more respect. like delta said human nature. hell i remember when my parents gave me a great christmas when i was around 8 years old. the things they bought me were expensive and at 8 i asked how much everything cost. just sayin it is human nature.
also some might ask for the fact of maybe they can swing a tank like this, just want to check budget and see how long it would take to set up.