(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

spyder78

And you too can have this setup for 100,000 EASY payments of $29.95!!!!!

Seriously, though..... this setup totally ROCKS!
Forget the Aquarium of the Americas. Next time I want to bring my son to the aquarium, I'll just pay you the admission fee. LOL
I live just a little bit south of New Orleans, so when you get tired of playing with your setup, feel free to come on down and fix my setup!

rylan1

Originally Posted by WangoTango
This is a quote from member "huge1day" on --, who quoted Bart off of a club site. &quote "ok if all of you is really interested what happened to my main display...
heres how it went down fom the start when display was done
1. tons of livestocks and corals were purchased
2. had ich outbreak so few of my prize fishes had died
3. few days after green acro had RTN after few weeks in display so i panic and removed all of corals and brought them to ____
3. remaining corals that was alive were given to my friend
4. drain the main display, frag and sump completely and removed whatever fish i could save and then start all over again
5. fuge has been setup for about a month now and will be tied into main system in a few weeks
6. calcium reactor will be plumb in next, then 2nd fuge. making sure i dial the reactor in correctly for couple months before any corals are introduced
7. i will be adding more flow soon as vortech come out with 1" adapter, since 2 CL OM 4-way w/sequence 6000 wasnt enough
thanks guys for all your comments
This is a quote from Bart's post on Oct 25th. I edited a couple of lines about where he took some of his corals so I don't start any discussions here..." &quote
That really stinks

-Justin
For all you who don't know... he has sold (selling) off all his equipment.

wangotango

Originally Posted by Rylan1
For all you who don't know... he has sold (selling) off all his equipment.
I was going to wait until the thread came up again, but yeah, he's done with the tank.
Total bummer

-Justin

wangotango

He has a bigger thread on --, and I can't give you a link, but suffice to say that A LOT of things went wrong and he decided to sell the entire setup. He has not been active on -- or SWF.com for a while, so I don't think he will be answering any more questions.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I think we can stop beating a dead horse.
-Justin

cbui2

Sorry, but I will no longer have updates and as for the main display with all the equipments have been completely
removed and will be sold in pieces. If anyone is interested please PM me for details. Reef keeping is just too hard and I decided to quit.

I am so sorry guys, but I totally forgot I posted this and was supposed to be a prank :D. hope ya can forgive me all
after all that hard work and dedication I could never see myself tearing down the system which i had never begun
to enjoy in the first place. heres what been done for the past 4 months
1. 125gal weekly water changes
2. remove and replace top layer sand bed weekly
3. clean & remove detritus for sump monthly
4. clean & remove detritus for 1st fuge tank monthly (no sand bed)
5. no cleaning require for 2ng fuge tank since snails and crabs are taking care of most of the work for me w/5"
sand bed. just mag float to keep front glass clean
6. clean & remove detritus for frag tank monthly
7. finish lighting rack, added 8 36" & 3 72" VHO's super actinic w/ 9 PFO moonlights,
3 Reef Optix V Reflectors w/400w PFO Ballast and 3 separate circuits feed the light rack
8. clean skimmer pumps every 3 months, neck every 3 days. i really need to get the SCH.
just about caught up in work and reef keeping so I will be able to make more time on the forum with current updates.

cbui2

ok i have some pics saved few months backs, but
took me awhile to learn how to post pics again:D
here are the VHO's brackets that was mounted onto .5" x 1" white pine strips. 6 pc's were made to hold a total 11 bulbs. 1/4" bolts were used to hold them in place of aluminum light rack since wood screws was not reliable.

cbui2

ok got some more pics, i'm getting better at this now:D
all lights are mounted then electrical wiring was done.
commercial velcro was used to hold 9 PFO moonlights in place.
question on the 3 icecap 660 looking at how they were installed will i need to installed the heat sink that comes with them where i have them mounted at?

]

vampofvegas

That is f'n awesome!
i'm just thinking what the electrical bill and water bill are going to look like.
Oh yea.. btw.. im up for adoption.. *hint hint* I think you can adopt 22 yr olds.. lol.

wangotango

I'm sure there's a lot of people here and on -- that have some words for you

Glad to see you haven't left the hobby. Take it slow, and this will turn into one hell of a setup
-Justin

B

bonita69

Well you fooled all of us and we where sad!!! So your prank worked, you little....
But very excited to see this tank grow!

Welcome back!

ccampbell57

Bart - Glad to see you are back! I think that the -- guys are giving you a much harder time for the prank. I would love to see what your updated pics look like.
As for the long time away...we all understand. S&*$ happens in this hobby and when things go wrong time and money and emotions are involved. Yours was just compounded by lets say 20x!!!
keep up the good work!

cbui2

thank you all, as all of these pics i had awhile back so i will continue to post them. yeah i know i made a mistake here and there but i'm allowed a few more
. just had a minor setback, but overall the entire system is doing very well and will be adding livestock back into the system a little slower.
here’s how the vho’s look like with all of them installed.

3 Reef Optix V Sun System w/400w PFO ballast 20k Radium will power the front of the main display
& currently 3 400w reeflux 12k for the rear on LA3

hefner413

Wow. Now THAT's lighting!
And about the prank - Whoa... sigh of relief!! BUT That was wrong!!!
Now you have to make up for it with a full tank shot with those lights runnin!!!