First swf.com order!

Kristin1234

Well my first ever online order came in today and I'm mostly happy! Everyone was great and healthy.....except diamond watchman goby.

He didn't survive shipping.

I understand that happens but everyone else being a purple firefish goby and 3 chromies are doing great.

Oh and these zoas are awesome, too! They are still closed but I can tell they are doing better than these other guys I got a few weeks ago.

Will post pics shortly.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Great you got a good order. Sorry about the diamondback. Be sure to make a claim on him. You'll have to post some pics once they settle in.

pegasus

Well my first ever online order came in today and I'm mostly happy! Everyone was great and healthy.....except diamond watchman goby.

He didn't survive shipping.

I understand that happens but everyone else being a purple firefish goby and 3 chromies are doing great.

Oh and these zoas are awesome, too! They are still closed but I can tell they are doing better than these other guys I got a few weeks ago.

Will post pics shortly.
Sorry about the DWG. As much as I hate to say this, it may be a blessing in disguise. If I remember correctly, your tank is fairly young. Correct me if I'm wrong. Diamond Gobies are sand sifters, meaning they feed by sifting out small critters in the sand through their gills. They need a fairly deep (fine grain) sand bed to burrow in, and it doesn't hurt to have a mature system with plenty of pods available. They don't eat flake food, but it's funny to watch them try. It passes right out of their gills. The only way I know to spot feed a DWG is to use a feeder tube and bury some small brine or mysis shrimp in front of their burrow, and hope it finds it. Not sure I'd want to do that every single day. Just thought you should know...

silverado61

Mine eats flake, frozen, freeze dried, you name it. It chooses what it likes and doesn't like and shoots the rest out the gills. It even eats stuff floating at the top. Don't give up. Get another one. They've got a great personality.

Kristin1234

Sorry about the DWG. As much as I hate to say this, it may be a blessing in disguise. If I remember correctly, your tank is fairly young. Correct me if I'm wrong. Diamond Gobies are sand sifters, meaning they feed by sifting out small critters in the sand through their gills. They need a fairly deep (fine grain) sand bed to burrow in, and it doesn't hurt to have a mature system with plenty of pods available. They don't eat flake food, but it's funny to watch them try. It passes right out of their gills. The only way I know to spot feed a DWG is to use a feeder tube and bury some small brine or mysis shrimp in front of their burrow, and hope it finds it. Not sure I'd want to do that every single day. Just thought you should know...

From what I have read they are sand sitters, yes but also eat frozen and flakes and pellets. I guess I'll read up a bit more on him..

Kristin1234

Mine eats flake, frozen, freeze dried, you name it. It chooses what it likes and doesn't like and shoots the rest out the gills. It even eats stuff floating at the top. Don't give up. Get another one. They've got a great personality.
See this is what I have heard as well. I think I'll just get my refund on him and go to the lfs and buy one who's a bit bigger cause this guy was tiny. I'll see what they feed it as well.

jay0705

Sand sifters are iffy lol. My golden sleeper headed goby eats anything. Even alage sheets, but certain foods u do see come out his gills. Idk what he actually ingests but his belly gets bigger after I feed lol