First Tank vs. Current Tank

robchuck

While browsing through old photos on my PC today, I came across a pic of my first SW tank from years ago. I thought it would be fun to post that pic and compare it to my tank today!
So feel free to post pics of your first tank and compare them with your current tank as it is today. If your current tank is your first tank, post some progress photos anyways!
The first pic is of my 29g from many years ago.
The second one is of my current 300g mixed reef.

Y

yeffre kix

Hey, I've got a question about your wavebox and the demensions of your 300. I finally got out of the hospital and taking the time off from work to get my 300 running. My Tunze
Wavebox isn't making any waves at all in my 300. I put a little Kalk water in it to follow the flow and it only went about 1/2 way across the tank! How long is your 300 ? Mine is 96". I really hate the idea of spending another $ 400 on a slave unit that will block the view from the other end of my tank too !
(Sorry to bust in here but I just saw your recent post.)

rappa

It is funny how you always think your tank looks great until you look back at pictures of how it has progressed. Sometimes I say "What was I thinking?" lol haha

dougai

Originally Posted by Yellow Ace
wow dougai, I really like your tank! How large is it?
40 gal

yellow ace

Originally Posted by dougai
40 gal
Wow! I have a 46-gallon and it doesn't look that good. Great Job! Rappa that's a really nice tank! Great job everybody!
Can't wait 'til my tank looks as good as yours!!

jayc

This is an awesome idea for a thread. Sweet pics everybody! I'll get some up soon.
Josh

jayc

Here mine:
First is my old 29gal.

Second is my 55gal whenever it was cycling, w/o lights.

Last is my 55gal now, around 3 or so months old.

Josh

farmboy

First of all-Our first tank was a 75 gallon freshwater. Don't laugh - the inhabitants are living well in a pre-owned 55 I got from a friend. ( I don't suppose anyone wants to see that!!) Second-the first tank is still in the house but SW now. :joy:
THird-NICE pics everyone. YOu can see some progression here-very nice!

Fourth and finally: Rappa those lights are AWSOME! They fit the style and they look like a space ship or something

[hr]
WILD!

jayc

Originally Posted by Farmboy
First of all-Our first tank was a 75 gallon freshwater. Don't laugh - the inhabitants are living well in a pre-owned 55 I got from a friend. ( I don't suppose anyone wants to see that!!)
FWF are cool too!! I have one too. I just like SW alot better.
Josh