first time dad

beachbum dave

My clown pair has been breeding for a few months now, laying about every 21 days. My wife and I decided to try and raise the fry. We have our fry tank ready, algae cultures going and rotifer culture going (I think). I started my rotifer culture Friday 4/29. The clowns laid a new clutch Sunday night 5/1. I expect them to hatch Monday 5/9. I have a couple questions after reading as many articles and watching as many videos as I could

1) how long should the lights be off after I transfer the eggs (they are on a clay pot)
2) I plan to black the sides of the fry tank - but what kind of light should I use on top and what cycle should I run it on each day? I've read some people keep lights on 24 hours per day?
3) I'm worried my rotifer culture wont be dense enough. I purchased a culture kit on line but couldn't start it right away because I had to go out of town - put it in the refrigerator and I think most of it died. I've ordered more rotifers to get some more cultures started.
4) I have to go out of town for 2 days on 5/13-5/14. they will be 4-5 days old if they survive. How can I feed them while im gone? can I put extra food and some green water in to last for 2 days of feeding or am I screwed? I thought about putting an ATO pump on a timer and pumping some rotifers into the tank but that scares me.