First time fragging. How to frag hairy shrooms?

katsafados

Like the title says, its my first time fragging a coral and I was wondering how I would go about fragging hairy shrooms.
Thanks

spanko

Yup. Take the head that you fragged off and place it on a piece of live rock rubble with a pc. of net loosely tied around it; or a rubber band loosely around it, or in a small plastic bowl with some rubble in it in a corner of the tank and it will attach. Then you can glue what it attached to wherever you want to.

spanko

Depends on the tank and water parameters and flow YaDaYaDaYaDa........but normally they are pretty fast growers. Have your grown since you got them? Don't give it to the fish store, get some in store credit for it that you can use for supplies later on.

katsafados

Yeah I was going to trade it in. They have grown since I got them, theres pics(with g.f's cam) of them and the other corals above the snail egg pics in my thread go check them out.

section143

haha..only use the blender if you want a hairy mushroom only tank.. i did this once..and i repeat once and ended up with 100+ blue and green mushrooms everywhere before i sold all the rock off to start new.. i'll post the pics if i find em