First time posting pics

creech72

Hopefully I did everything right. Not sure if the pics will look okay. Anyway just a few shots from my 125fowlr and 25r.

patrick8929

use something called irfan view
its just a photo shop but you can type in picture editing software or something like that into google and it will give you free downloads mine is free and it works great

creech72

Hopefully this is a little bigger. The lion is pretty big. The snapper behind him is about 9". Maybe 8 or maybe 10. Either way he is huge considering I bought him on a few inches long.

04mach

Originally Posted by creech72
Crappy pic but its a cleaner shrimp cleaning my zebra's mouth.
Looks like he about to have dinner.

lion_crazz

Wow, what are you going to do with that snapper when he gets bigger and bigger and closer to full size?
Nonetheless, everything looks very nice. I would love to see some larger shots of the reef tank as well.

gatorwpb

Those two fish are beautiful!! Especially the snapper!

Why are you against photobucket? You can post nice larger pictures from there.

creech72

Not against photobucket. I just don't know what I'm doing.
I guess I'll eat him. Just kidding. Reaally haven't thought about it. I live in Fl and less than a block from the Atlantic. Maybe I'll free him.
All the junk on the bottom of my tank are frags. Prob can't make them out, but they're there.

lion_crazz

Your reef aquarium is gorgeous as well.
I strongly ask you to please do not take any fish from your aquarium back to the ocean. This is the ABSOLUTE worst thing that you can do with the fish because it can do a lot of bad things to the natural ecosystem of the area. The most obvious thing is that the snapper will eat a ton of the smaller fish. More importantly than that though, dumping the fish back into the ocean will spread disease, bacteria, and pathogens that are not custom to the area. This is one of the biggest reasons why our hobby has a bad reputation among scientists and enviromentalists. I would much rather see you eat the fish than for you to take it back to the ocean. In the end though, it all comes to researching your purchase before you buy it. I know you cannot help it now, but if no one bought these red emperor snappers, no one would buy them from wholesalers, which would mean that wholesalers would not get them from divers who catch them and divers would not collect them in the first place. It is all about demand.
Your snapper is one of the many fish on my animals to avoid list, which can be seen below:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/232470/list-of-fish-inverts-that-hobbiests-should-avoid

creech72

I appreciate the lecture. I really wouldn't release him nor would I really eat him. My mom is full blooded Korean so she might eat it. Thanx for the info though.

lion_crazz

I'm sorry, I really was not lecturing. Most hobbyists do not think of something like that and I really just wanted to stress how important it is. I know that if the fish lives to be get bigger and bigger, which it seems like it will (judging by how well you care for your animals), what you do with the animal when you run out of room will become an issue.
I am sorry if I came off lecturing. It is just a very important thing to me, both not releasing fish back to the ocean and trying to buy as few from that list as possible.
I apologize again. I try to educate with what experience I do have in the hobby, and I would never want to wrongly come off as harsh. That does me nor does it do you any good whatsoever. :happyfish

creech72

I was just giving you a hard time. Dude, I love the ocean. I surf, fish and snorkel all right here where I live. I really didn't know how big the fish got until I bought it. Guess I get a bigger tank. Hey what should I do with this guy?

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by creech72
I was just giving you a hard time. Dude, I love the ocean. I surf, fish and snorkel all right here where I live. I really didn't know how big the fish got until I bought it. Guess I get a bigger tank. Hey what should I do with this guy?
:hilarious You could use him to transport you and chafeur you around when you go diving!
Hey, maybe our two fish could be friends?