First time raising fry

Jigsaw

Havent started that one yet no i got though eh lol ugh i just got done with a water change/monthly maintenance and my coralife turbotwist had 4in of water in the bulb area. The glass came right out from their cheap ass seal. Ive used some marine epoxy and waiting for it to cure before i test it. I dont got the scratch for a new one and i sure as hell wont buy another coralife product. Sorry for the rant lol sure uve all been their before.

Jigsaw

Lol yea i just upgraded my skimmer from coralife to a skimz what a major difference. Now i got to see what steralizer is good. Just when you think you got it sll and ur set lol shit hits the fan.

Jigsaw

I got a SKIMZ MONZTER SM163 DC INTERNAL PROTEIN SKIMMER from bulk reef suply. Its super quiet and works amazingly well.

snakeblitz33

That's awesome. My skimz monzter mini SN123 will arrive in the mail Thursday. Glad to hear it's super quiet.

Any updates?

silverado61

The next time they hatch don't use a turkey baster to suck them out. You'll damage most of them just from the turbulence. Use the light to attract them to a corner then use a glass to gently scoop them up. And don't just pour them into the fry tank. Submerge the glass into the tank, slowly, and release them.

That's my .02

Jigsaw

Thx silverado ill try that next time. Which after cleaning the tank yesterday and noticing another batch of eggs will be soon. Now the rush to get rotifers again. I almost wonder if its better to let them stay in the main tank this try. I can put up a 100 micon felt around my overflow and keep my mp40's off. Im a horable seraget fry parent lol.