First timer

belficat

How does this fish combo sound for a beginner, and how big would the tank need to be??
Occelaris Clownfish
Royal Gramma
Bangaii Cardinalfish
Blue tang
Thanks for any help!

standish

I would say that sounds like a good list with the exception of the tang. Tangs are sensitive fish and not for beginners. However, if you stock slowly and add the tang last, you'll probably do OK with it. Start with the clowns, then the cardinal, then the royal gramma. By the time your tank has been up and running successfully for about 6 months, then you may add the tang.
Tank size for a blue tang should be 100g+ , preferably 6 ft. in length.
:happyfish

belficat

I haven't got the tank yet, I'm planning this all in advance which is why i want to know what size tank is preferrable. 100+ gallons sounds ok. I'll put the fish in in the order you suggested after doing a fishless cycling. Should i wait about a month before adding in the next fish, or shorter time? I've researched a bit, but I'm still not sure about some things!

B

bildotang

Don't do what I did when I started. My first tank was a 135, and I thought it wouldn't take much work. It wasn't until I killed all my fish, and had to breakdown my tank and start over that I realized how much research I needed. Now, I've done nothing but reserach this site, and ask alot of questions. It's the only reason that my second tank is doing so well! So, read.... read.... read! And good luck!