First Xenia frag

socal57che

Just picked up my first xenia frag the other day. Actually got two, but one decided to bury itself in a crevace with just a few fingers reaching out.

socal57che

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
looks good. i personally like a forest of xenia, so the best of luck to ya.
From what I hear about xenia propagation, the forest is coming.

azfishgal

Nice looking corals.
If you want to keep your Xenia in check, put it up high. It likes to grow up, so if you have it at the highest point, it will take longer to spread. Be careful it's not up against the glass though, or it will take off.

socal57che

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Nice looking corals.
If you want to keep your Xenia in check, put it up high. It likes to grow up, so if you have it at the highest point, it will take longer to spread. Be careful it's not up against the glass though, or it will take off.

Thanks.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Nice looking corals.

Hmmmm,i wonder how that would look?A wall of Xenia for a backdrop.

dina12

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
Hmmmm,i wonder how that would look?A wall of Xenia for a backdrop.

Like this - LOL

dina12

Originally Posted by larryndana
Frag and sell is what i'd recommend,

It is a a great thing that Xenia does not ship well. I supply 2 LFS's with all they want.......

shogun323

Originally Posted by Scoobs
Xenia = Weed.
True.... I had pink pulsing and silver branching. There were totally taking over my tank and thriving for 6 months. Then I did some deep cleaning and a large water change and it all died over 2 days.
It is beautiful though if you can keep it from dominating your tank. Also, some LFS will gladly take Xenia frags because it appraently doesnt ship well.
Best of Luck Socal