Fish addition

college kid

Hello everyone! I have a 55 gal tank, 50 lbs live rock, typical clean up crew, a foxface, koran angel, and a watchman goby. Over the next year I would like to add a neon goby, firefish goby, and a 6-line wrasse. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

lion_crazz

The additions you want to put in there will be fine because by that time, the angel will be too large and territorial for that tank and the foxface will be clsoe to pushing the limits as well.

college kid

Really!!!? I knew the fox face and angel would be to big impulse buy before I knew what I was doing.
But I never thought they would go after each other. Right now they look like a mated pair, they go everywhere together. (They were introduced together) That was about nine months ago. I guess I will wait until they don't seem happy then give them a new home.
But until that point do you recommend not adding any other of those smaller fish? Or should I wait till they are out?

lion_crazz

No, you can add a few other small fish, like the ones you had in mind, (since your bioload is kind of light, right now), but eventually, the angel will begin to get very territorial to everything. That is how large angels are. He may always respect the foxface, since that is who he came in with, but everything after that may be unwelcomed eventually.