fish color fading

fire30b

The coloron my foxface rabbitfish is fading. The color was a bright yellow but now it looks more brown than yellow. When the fish is sleeping it turns brownish but while it swims it would be yellow. What can I do to make it bright yellow again?
My water reading is PH 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20

dgott2000

what are you feeding it? i've heard that green veggies such as dried green seeweed can help brighten colors

bdhough

:) aside from veggies foxfaces eat plenty of meaty foods like krill and mysis shrimp.
but the behavior you are describing is perfectly normal. foxface have their own camoflauge. what you are seeing are the night colors of the foxface as well as the sometimes daytime reflex if they get scared or wish to hide a bit in the rocks.

fshhub

many of your sw species actually fade color at night. it is perfectly normal, as mentioned. During the day it will come back.
If it does not come back, then is when your worry.

fire30b

I'll like to thank everyone who have reply. Most of the food that I have been serving has been meats. I will try serving some veggies like some seaweed nori or select. Does anyone know the differences?