Fish compatability

theappe3

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add a spotted long nose hawk with my current livestock.....
O. clown.
Sixline wrasse
Royal Gramma
Blue spotted goby
Coral Beauty
Fire shrimp...

jisushika

It says in your profile that you have a 30 gallon tank? Adding any more fish to that size would be too much.

A

azul1994

Yeah your maxed out, the hawk would pick at the shrimp anyway.

theappe3

Im a pretty strict believer in fish stress vs size and amount of fish and all of that. But im figuring if the fish dont fight and keep the water in good condition I dont see the problem. The goby doesnt move much and neither will the hawk. so the fish that are swimming are just the wrasse, clown and coral beauty cause the gramma is always just chilling in his cave till feeding time. I know these are all just rules of them and many people have more fish than they should and are "successful". I guess what I really wanted to know if the longnose would actually fight with any of the other fishes.

jisushika

I think its just too much for the bio load. The more fish you have in a smaller tank the harder it is to keep the water parameters good since more fish=more ammonia.

jisushika

The hawkfish do get territorial and in a 30 gal with those fish already in it, I would advise against it even if you could keep the water parameters stable, JMO He might pick on the shrimp too.

earlybird

Originally Posted by Jisushika
The hawkfish do get territorial and in a 30 gal with those fish already in it, I would advise against it even if you could keep the water parameters stable, JMO He might pick on the shrimp too.
Agree.