fish compatibility-75 gal.

fishfatty

How would a foxface and a yellow tang do together in a 75 gal reef tank? The person that I am getting the foxface from had the foxface, yellow tang, and hippo tang all together in a 75 gal. He says that they all "schooled" together. I plan to reaquascape right before I add them, so they will all have to set up new territories. What does everyone think? Thanks!

team2jndd

They schooled together? Its a small tank so I assume they just came into contact quite a bit. Alot of people on here will tell you that 75 is going to be way too small. I am going to have to agree depending on what size the tang is... You might be able to pull it off for a while but the tang will most deffinately outgrow the tank.

team2jndd

If you plan an upgrade you will be fine. It is normally easier to only buy the fish you can house forever but I know how hard it is not to.

fishfatty

Yeah..well I am just mainly concerned about the yellow tang and foxface...but the owner of them said they were all great together in his 75... Im still not sure what I want to do. Thanks for your help!

J

jesses89

Dont think the foxface will get bothered too much, since it does have poisoneous spines.
But the other two... expect fighting and lots of it. It will subside after a while though.

team2jndd

Yellow tang and a blue hippo shouldn't fight. Generally fighting occurs between species of a similar body shape. For example, a yellow would be more likely to fight with a purple tang as well as a blue hippo fighting with a naso.

fishfatty

I have already kept hippos and yellow tangs together in a 75. I just thought that I heard that a foxface and yellow tang would be the most likely to fight...is this true?? Thanks!

ghettotang

Yeah I keep hippo and yeallow tang in my 75 gallon tank. Now I have hippo, yellow and purple tang all together. They all doing fine and get long. When I set-up my 125g tank I'll add my kole tang and other tang like the power brown tang which is my alst tang that I want to add. Goo luck on yours.
Jay

rabbit_72

tangs in a 75 better watch out the tang police will be showing up soon if they read this good luck hope it works fore you.