Fish Eating Machine

saltfisher

Nice Eel, but why have other fish in there, if you know it's going to eventually kill them? I removed my fimbriated because it kept attacking my fish.

fmarini

So I don't want to be stupid or dumb here....but why after this eel has proven a few times to eat, kill, or mame it fishy tankmates do you continue to add more fish to the tank? I understand you have must $$$ at your disposal, and i suspect another fish does't mean much to you, but to pretty much guarentee the death of fish you buy is IMO senseless.

chandler04

Originally posted by FMarini
So I don't want to be stupid or dumb here....but why after this eel has proven a few times to eat, kill, or mame it fishy tankmates do you continue to add more fish to the tank? I understand you have must $$$ at your disposal, and i suspect another fish does't mean much to you, but to pretty much guarentee the death of fish you buy is IMO senseless.

Agreed. That, and killing a VOLITAN!! Geezlepetes man. That is NOT cool. He is obviously a very temperamental creature. Doesnt like friends. Likes to be alone. Maybe you should just like get rid of the trigger and toss in a green moray. THEN you can toss in Flame angels and hellfrichis firefish for dinner.

teamdrty

THE EEL IS THE FISH EATING THE OTHERS. THE REASON HE ATE THE V.LION IS THE LION HAD GOLD FISH STICKING OUT HIS MOUTH AND EEL'S ARE ALMOST BLIND AND GO BY SENSE OF SMELL. TRUST ME IT WAS A NICE LION ABOUT 8 OR 9 INCES LONG, IF WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO EAT HIM WE WOULD HAVE NOT SPENT THE MONEY!

selarman

You could always get another Tessy to go with him. or maybe a green moray. The LFS up here has a tessy in with 2 black tip reef sharks. He still acts like he owns the place. :sleepy:

fmarini

No natural selection is what occurs in the wild. A death sentence is whats going on here.
While I do believe you when you say the eel was going for the goldfish, i have no doubt that the lions time was coming either way. i've seen green morays take down huge lions w/ no fear or consequence of the venom. A LFS had a dragon moray take down two very large black tips, while he couldn't eat eithers shark, he sufficently mamed them that they died. Tessy are beautiful eels that belong by themselves, just like green morays. They don't fear larger fish, and hence think everything in striking distance is food.

zemuro114

i thought i red it was a 72 gallon? If so i would consider upgrading to 125 or so... that case with more rockwork and such, maybe more fish would work... Beautiful creature though... i would get a 12" lion.. see if he eats that! :)