Fish Food Advice

tomclx

What is the best fish food to feed clowns and tangs? I currently use Spectra therea A+, and algae sheets. Is this ok? I have heard negative things about Spectra A +
Thanks

hammerhed7

spectrum is a good brand of food, but isnt the thera A a medicated food? I feed spectrum, ocean nutrition formula one, and frozen mysis, and plankton. algea sheets are great for the tang. variety is the key.

tangwhispr

Rod's Food is the best food you can buy or make, Ask SWF.com to start carring it. Its made by Rod Buehler, he posts here under the name rodbuehle, People in the chicagoland area will kill for this stuff

miaheatlvr

Never tried or heard about that rods food,, im gonna look into it,, I like mysis shrimp soaked in garlic or vitachem, marine cuisine, nori sheets are a must for tangs, i like to rub some garlic extreeme on it,, To the gentlemen using PHYTOPLANKTON to feed fish? that is for filter feeding corals, FROZEN CYCLOPEEZE is excellent! even the dried stuff is great, and SPECTRA is excellent pellet food, if you must feed dried food.

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by ufo8micats
tell rod to start advertising this stuff. i would like to try it as well
Doubt he ever will, he makes it all by hand, so its small batches...he's all about the quality.

npage

Originally Posted by ufo8micats
tell rod to start advertising this stuff. i would like to try it as well
Rod did just recently put up site for rodsfood. The site doesn't come up in google yet. But if try the brand name, "rodsfood" and then a dotcom after the name and maybe 3 w's before it all, it will get you there.

ogredawg

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Never tried or heard about that rods food,, im gonna look into it,, I like mysis shrimp soaked in garlic or vitachem, marine cuisine, nori sheets are a must for tangs, i like to rub some garlic extreeme on it,, To the gentlemen using PHYTOPLANKTON to feed fish? that is for filter feeding corals, FROZEN CYCLOPEEZE is excellent! even the dried stuff is great, and SPECTRA is excellent pellet food, if you must feed dried food.
I think he meant ocean plankton, not phyto

rudedog40

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
Rod's Food is the best food you can buy or make, Ask SWF.com to start carring it. Its made by Rod Buehler, he posts here under the name rodbuehle, People in the chicagoland area will kill for this stuff

Just looked at his site. He lists some online stores that sell it - $20.00 for 6 ounces!
That doesn't include the $20 - $30 they require you to pay overnight shipping. That must be some REAL GOOD fish food. What does he sell it local for?

tangwhispr

Its in the 15 dollar range around here...i suggest ordering several at once, or do a group order...Call rod and talk to him, he will take care of you.
Here is Rod at Macna

Photo Credit - Uberfrags