fish for 55gal

cdubbs

I have a 55gal reef that has been up for about a year. I have a regular nemo clown and a lawnmower blenny in it. Also have a variety of crabs and snails. I had a fuzzy dwarf lion in there for about 8 months and just recently died. I went on vacation for a few days and when i came back he was in the freshwater auto top off bucket that was about 2 feet away from my tank. He was still alive and i put him right back in the main tank and he lived for about 4 days after and then died. I cant believe that he jumped out of the tank and just so happen to land in the 5 gal bucket of fresh water i had for my ATO. I thought i got lucky but i guess the time and stress of being in fresh water messed him up. I tried a tomato clown and my clown that has been in there since i started the tank killed him. What fish can i put in this tank that wont fight with the clown? And also wont outgrow a 55g tank. I have a variety of zoas and LPS in my tank. Thanks for any ideas.

nsajd

Any damsels will work. They are a very hardy type of fish, although they may tend to be aggressive. Check with your LFS for any other types of hardy fish.

cdubbs

i had a damsel in there but i put a tang in there and the damsel harrased him to death so i put the damsel in my nano tank. I want some fish that will swim around alot. Should i go for some reef safe wrasses? Can i get any other clown if i get some anemones for them both?

oceansidefish

If the clown if about fully grown I would leave it as the only clown in there...You also cant mix two diff species of clowns. You can add lots of different things.
Twinspot hog
Midas Blenny
Flame hawk
wrasses
I would add one at a time....3 weeks apart

C

crashjt

Originally Posted by CDubbs
http:///forum/post/2952176
so no tangs or dwarf angels right? Thanks
Im prolly gonna get flamed for this but I have a sailfin and a blue hippo tang in my 55 they do just fine my hippo tang is still small and my sailfin isnt huge but hes bigger you just may have to take them out when they get bigger and exchange them for smaller ones etc....